Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison Smith Restructuring Contract
I don't see Hunter being dealt.

Kwesi and the Viking FO are doing this to  re- establish Hunters worth on the open market.

Are Hunter and his agent aware that if no teams make a decent offer to the Vikings his leverage is completely gone and he's  screwed?

Maybe his agent already knows there is a team out there that wants him?

If it’s me, I work on getting a 1st in 2023. That’s the trade equivalent of a 2nd this year. Sometimes teams are more open to a pick down the road with the draft so close. He should value in this neighborhood. If it can be done, I’d try to grab a 3 or 4 I this year or next. I might even do a 5. 
I’d take that first round pick to help draft a franchise signal caller in the 2023 draft. 
That’s how I’d run this. 

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
I don't see Hunter being dealt.

Kwesi and the Viking FO are doing this to  re- establish Hunters worth on the open market.

Are Hunter and his agent aware that if no teams make a decent offer to the Vikings his leverage is completely gone and he's  screwed?

Maybe his agent already knows there is a team out there that wants him?
teams dont want his contract and to give up what the Vikings want.  if he was a FA there would be 31 GMs on the phone instantly and I am guessing most would pay what he wants,  but they dont have to give up picks at that point.  

at this point Hunters camp has nothing at all to lose... they sit and that bonus kicks in,  or they are a free agent.  they dont lose any leverage here.