Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giants Release Rudy
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@pattersaur said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Saw a little of the Giants. He was rarely targeted in passing downs as it still looked like he ran a 5.2 forty...
Yeah I caught probably 3 of their games. He didn’t get any volume, probably even less than he did here in his last couple seasons. But I think he’s probably cooked. Maybe some team will give him a cheap vet deal but I don’t think it should be us. 
No one will be able to convince me as to why Kyle Rudolph should be signed for a team that will likely spread out its TE's a lot more this year. Kyle was a very solid TE for a few years, especially as a blocker, but he's so incredibly slow these days. I'd rather take my chances with a 6th rounder or UDFA
It was his size and catch radius,  not his speed that made him a good TE,  even when he's covered he still is able to out jump or box out the defender and make catches.  He won't stretch the field,  but has a role as a 3rd TE in that he would be a good veteran to have around younger guys,  especially if ISj weren't ready to roll due to a set back and all we have is late rounders or UDFAs to fall back on.
Completely agree, he is still a mismatch from the short red zone 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@pattersaur said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Saw a little of the Giants. He was rarely targeted in passing downs as it still looked like he ran a 5.2 forty...
Yeah I caught probably 3 of their games. He didn’t get any volume, probably even less than he did here in his last couple seasons. But I think he’s probably cooked. Maybe some team will give him a cheap vet deal but I don’t think it should be us. 
No one will be able to convince me as to why Kyle Rudolph should be signed for a team that will likely spread out its TE's a lot more this year. Kyle was a very solid TE for a few years, especially as a blocker, but he's so incredibly slow these days. I'd rather take my chances with a 6th rounder or UDFA
It was his size and catch radius,  not his speed that made him a good TE,  even when he's covered he still is able to out jump or box out the defender and make catches.  He won't stretch the field,  but has a role as a 3rd TE in that he would be a good veteran to have around younger guys,  especially if ISj weren't ready to roll due to a set back and all we have is late rounders or UDFAs to fall back on.
Great locker room guy, no doubt. Don't need to pay over $1MM for a TE who will struggle to get open. We have enough questionable contracts already

*struggles to get open

Quote: @greediron said:
*struggles to get open
Was a great moment for sure. This is also two years ago and I have no idea what type of defense Williams was playing. I should clarify, hes not a guy that gets separation nor does he really get open in non goal line downs which increases the odds of needing to fit a throw in a very tight window. Rudy was a great Vike, but there are better ways to allocate $1.5MM or whatever the vet minimum is for him.

Yeah, just had to relive one of my favorite moments with one of my favorite Vikings.

Didn’t he kind of bad mouth Kirk and said the QB he was playing with now was the best he’s ever played with?