Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to embrace mediocrity! Yeah!!
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"Knucklehead" said:
I'm good with this hire, but with both a rookie GM & HC there will sure to be missteps along the way as both of these guys get there feet under them. The fanbase has sat thru consecutive non-playoff seasons & has just witnessed the team let an experienced & successful HC candidate walk out the door. Patience is going to be in short supply. 
Yes, as I mentioned numerous times their will be hiccups with first time GM and HC, no doubt.  

As far as Zimmer being exp and successful that is about 3 years removed.  We needed to move on much quicker at HC and give a new Offensive minded coach a shot.  We are now, I guess never too late.  

I am 50/50 on Kwesi but I really like his first big decision in O'Connell over guys like Harbaugh, Graham, Ryans.  Now O'Connell's big decision is his surrounding coaches and where we are going with Cousins.  He worked with Cousins in Washington, so he already has a close view on him and that is a huge question moving forward.  

I was liking what the Bears had done so far with Poles/Eberflus/ and several assistants under him, but I like the combo of Kwesi/O'Connell better.  Want to see who he brings on!
Lastly, I am in the camp to move on from Cousins if we could get a good deal.  But if we can't get a good deal we may have to extend to avoid the 45.  But I'm pretty sure O'Connell knows more than I do - football at leastSmile  I have a big brain and all.  The hiring of an OC type of HC was to evaluate the Cousins situation in my mind and I will let the smaller brains make that decision.  
Cousins certainly is the elephant in the room.  Do you keep going with a guy who is going to be quite good, but not great?  Or do you move on and take a spin on the QB roulette wheel?  Coaches earn and lose jobs based on their QB's performance. 
Exactly,  Cousins lack of success (I know team) resulted in Spelly and Zim being gone.  We have been a retread QB team for so long (excluding Teddy injury) I say we try something different.  I know it is unheard of, and yes every draft pick is a risk, but let's use our scouting expertise and maybe draft a QB in the first round.  Even if we have to move up, God forbid.  Due diligence and conviction and then go get em.  Like the Mahomes, Josh Allen teams did.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
Why are some so down on this hire?  Zach Taylor, Brandon Staley, and Matt LaFluer are all former OCs to Sean McVay with varying degrees of play calling experience (LaFleur actually went to Tennessee to get one year of play calling experience before being hired by the Packers).

Have any of those guys failed?  Staley has Herbert playing really well, the Chargers issue isn't offense...  it's the defense.  Zach Taylor is in the Super Bowl and LaFleur had the Packers as the #1 seed in the NFC the past two seasons.

I thought more fans would be excited about this hire.  How would Harbaugh have brought anything new and exciting to Minnesota if he was the HC pick instead?  I mean we got a guy who learned under one of the most innovative offensive minds in the game right now...  I don't get posts like these.
I don't get it either. There were some things I liked about Harbaugh and some things I preferred about KOC. Any objective take is going to have pluses and minuses on both sides. So this batshit one-side notion that Harbaugh was our ticket to the Super Bowl and all other options condemn us to everlasting mediocrity is ridiculous.

You should read some of the stuff on Twitter. I mean Dan Barreiro? Didn't know that idiot was still alive. 

https://twitter.com/DanBarreiroKFAN/stat...99393?s=20&t=fNyDE2HUjGowPH-meI9UiQ

Barreiro is such a ridiculous grump. I just can't with his nonsense though. 

Florio (i know a lot of you hate him)  - but he expressed my opinion of the situation - The video he's in is how I was thinking about the hiring of our HC: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-harbaugh/

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
Florio (i know a lot of you hate him)  - but he expressed my opinion of the situation - The video he's in is how I was thinking about the hiring of our HC: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-harbaugh/
Once again, not a single positive mentioned in favor of KOC and not a single negative for Harbaugh. That should be your first clue Florio doesn't know what he's talking about. Well that and this beauty...LOL. 
What’s that, you say? The Vikings have promised O’Connell the job? Well, consider this. If the Rams win the Super Bowl, if Sean McVay decides to chase a very big broadcasting bag, and if owner Stan Kroenke decides to turn to O’Connell as the next coach of the Rams, do you think he’ll stay with the Rams, or leave for the Vikings?

Florio is a blowhard. He is just another fan with an opinion, at least when it comes to the Vikings. I listened to that whole spiel, even though my brain said stop, and came away thinking he doesn’t know a damn thing. It's all opinion except for Harbaugh's record that anyone could look up. No clue why it didn't work between the two parties at all, just spouting off.

You get to be my age...I was looking for instant gratification, Thus that's where Harbaugh come in.

I really don't like the idea of going 10 days without knowing who our coaching staff might be. We already had some good coaches deflect from the team today. Because they can't be in limbo not knowing.

Hopefully new coach works out!

Ficken is the only coach that departed that would be considered good.  Little Kubiak, not good let him go.  Rauscher is average at best and easily replaced.  Janocko can also be easily replaced and the question is did he even do anything with the quarterbacks as it related to coaching?

[Image: id0gfxw9ace7.jpeg]

The only way we're going to wonder about Harbaugh is if KOC doesnt get the job done...

They gotta turn the D around in a hurry and hope KC continues to be VERY productive (and re-negotiates)