Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like this candidate....

[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
It is possible Jonathan Gannon becomes a good head coach? Of course. Do I know anything about anything? I do not.

But he's the least intriguing name to me on the Vikings' list of eight. The Eagles were 25th in defensive DVOA this year and Philly fans all seem to want him gone.

Meh.

Saw plenty of Eagles games. I didn't see anything to make me think he's in over his head.

This has to be just part of leaving no stone unturned?

so how is interviewing a defensive coordinator with a shitty defense, any different than keeping Zimmer?

and why dont I trust “offensive coordinators” as head coaches who have QB’s like Mahommes, Brady, Rodgers, etc.

I swear, sometimes I feel like the only rational person left in the padded cell.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
so how is interviewing a defensive coordinator with a shitty defense, any different than keeping Zimmer?

and why dont I trust “offensive coordinators” as head coaches who have QB’s like Mahommes, Brady, Rodgers, etc.

I swear, sometimes I feel like the only rational person left in the padded cell.
There is no guarantee of anything. Judging a coach by his body of work for one year isn't any kind of measuring stick. Its amazing how 'good' HCs are that have really good QBs.....or talented rosters......this is why you see so much coaching turnover in the NFL. Good candidates go to bad teams and now they suck. 

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:

There's no perfect candidates. They all are going to have warts of some kind. Otherwise, they would be HCs already.