Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Good?
The 2021 NFL regular season averaged 17.1 million viewers (TV+Digital) – the highest regular season average since 2015 and up +10% vs. 2020.

During the 2021 NFL regular season, NFL games ranked as the top 16, 48 of the top 50 and 91 of the top 100 telecasts on TV.

Good question, saw a lot of close games, saw way too much subpar officiating affecting the outcomes…!  Confused 

Well yeah, that's because there's literally nothing good on tv anymore haha. Somewhat kidding, somewhat serious as it seems like some of the great shows go directly to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. 

Now that I think about it, what does he mean by digital? Is that the streaming service like YoutubeTV or is something something else?

I don’t know if it’s good. As an old school football guy, defensive battles were just as much or more fun than the 42-38 shoot outs that go on now. But, the NFL isn’t really looking to attract old guys like me. They want a new audience that likes to be entertained. That’s why the half time shows on Thanksgiving are getting bigger and bigger.So, when I go to work and hear these younger guys say what an awesome game it was and it came down to the final possession and ended up 38-35, I know the game has passed me by.
Officiating sucks, most defenses suck. Probably one of the reasons I don’t watch religiously anymore. But hey, the NFL is making money.

All is good for the Billionaire owners 

Considering those numbers, it makes me cringe even more about the piss poor commentators for games.  If I had to hear one more time that PP promised an intercepted ball to a commentator's kid, I was going to mute the game.  Commentators bring very little insight to the game anymore.