Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears fans bluntness

Honestly, I think all our tolerances for bullshit is thin now. COVID has reduced our patience. Not that fans of any sport are really that patient or have they ever been necessarily, but who wants to spend hard earned money on expensive game tickets, sit in the f#$%ing cold, deal with the drive and parking and watch a shit show as a fan? I personally have zero tolerance for it. Its never been better watching a football game in the comfort of my living room with new visual and audio technology. The beer and snacks are mere feet away. And if its pathetic, turn the g-damn channel.

I love the vibe and excitement of a NFL stadium as much or more than anyone. It's electric. But I want more of a sure bet now as I get older. And I sure as hell won't attend if the team sucks. Way too much hassle for the aggravation.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Honestly, I think all our tolerances for bullshit is thin now. COVID has reduced our patience. Not that fans of any sport are really that patient or have they ever been necessarily, but who wants to spend hard earned money on expensive game tickets, sit in the f#$%ing cold, deal with the drive and parking and watch a shit show as a fan? I personally have zero tolerance for it. Its never been better watching a football game in the comfort of my living room with new visual and audio technology. The beer and snacks are mere feet away. And if its pathetic, turn the g-damn channel.

I love the vibe and excitement of a NFL stadium as much or more than anyone. It's electric. But I want more of a sure bet now as I get older. And I sure as hell won't attend if the team sucks. Way too much hassle for the aggravation.
Agree, but when you go to a game, the actual game is almost secondary to the environment. The Vikings--and I suspect most other teams in the NFL--have made the experience electric. The tents outside, live music, celebrities, tailgating, the smell of beer and grilling brats. Inside, the skol chant, the thunderous intros and nostalgia videos.

When I'm on my couch, I'm focused on matchups and Xs and Os, and that's it. At the game, win or lose, it's just an exhilarating experience. Expensive as hell though.