Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegas has us at 6.5

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@CFIAvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Also have to factor in an easier schedule due to the weak finish last year.  7 to 9 wins wouldn't shock me,  even with a bridge QB.
Darnold leading this team to 9 wins would be literally unbelievable. He’ll get his shot though. The rook, whomever we settle on, won’t see the field until we’re mathematically eliminated. 
Gonna be a long 17-20 months until we see if Kwesi’s “plan” gets the team where it needs to be or gets him booted. 
I get fan frustration...I hope you can enjoy the ride though too?
Probably not gonna enjoy much of anything this year. Realistically, we have a bunch of “competitive rebuild” junk on one year contracts, Hockenson coming off a major injury, and a hopefully non-malcontent God-Level WR designed to give homers just enough hope to fill the stands and sell season tickets. This offense is worse simply because of the QB position and the defense isn’t really that much better than last year. The Vikings won 3 games after Kirk went down…two of which were fluke wins with Dobbs and one was literally the ugliest game in the history of the NFL. I’ve gone to at least one Vikings game every year since 1994 and my family has been to at least one since 2002…. This will likely be the first year none of us are going. 
2025 optimism will depend on who we draft at QB. A future led by Nix or Penix is nothing for me to look forward to. I mean, I’d be pleasantly surprised if it worked out but definitely wouldn’t hang any hope on it. 
Guess we’ll see what happens

Is this the low point in a competitive rebuild? Asking for a friend. 

Quote: @BStads said:
Is this the low point in a competitive rebuild? Asking for a friend. 
If they don’t hit on a QB this year, it’s going to get sooooooo much worse. 

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Game managing QB who isn't a turnover machine, run game with Jones, improved defense, could add up to more than 6.5 wins. 
This season could be anywhere between 3 to 10 wins. Definitely a transition year. 
Too many are forgetting that this team still has JJ, Addison and Hockenson. Take away the foolish consistency of starting Mattison, add in a little more Chandler, some Aaron Jones and the Vikings should be an 8 win team, even with a bridge like Darnold. 

2025 will be the year for the Vikings. They'll be finished with all the dead money, will have $159M in cap space to add more defensive talent and our QBOTF going into his 2nd season. Then it just comes down to whether we hit or miss on the QB we drafted. 
Vegas setting that line at 6.5 is just daring homers to bet the over. Chances are Vegas sees us a likely 5 win team. They’ll be laughing all the way to the bank. 
Already did. Because that number's going to go up after the draft. 

6.5 =Ouch.