Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our 2021 Draft Class
Just going back and looking at this thing again. Its pretty sad when you have 11 draft picks and arguably our most impactful rookie has been 5th round kick returner Kene Nwangwu. I'm just going to go down the list;

Darrisaw- Injured and has been up and down. I think he'll be a solid player but has spent more time in the training room then on the field.

Mond- Developmemtal prospect. Hasn't played and too early to tell anything 

Surratt- Zilch, nada...

Davis- Zilch, nada...

Jones- Has been mostly inactive on game days and has played very little. 

Nwangwu- Has given us some juice as a kick returner which we haven't had in a long time. Would like to see him get more touches on offense

Bynum- Has been ok when called on to fill in. Might be in line to start next season

Robinson- IR and inactive. I like the physical tools but nothing for this year

Smith-Marsette- Yeah not much here and has been inactive a few games

Davidson- Cut in preseason

Twyman- Shot prior to the season and has been on IR

Just hugely disappointing overall. Meanwhile the player I wanted so badly in the draft, Jaelan Phillips, has already broken the Dolphins rookie sack record (8.5) with three games left to go and has helped solidify a pretty good Miami defense. Have to think the overall lack of impact has contributed to our struggles and should certainly be taken into account when analyzing both Spielman and Zimmer this off-season.

Wààaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon to bag on this draft class.

KJ Osborn and Armon Watts have entered the chat.

Darrisaw has and might still have a lower pressure rate than Slater.

No one expected anything from  Mond this year.

Surratt pick I hated, especially with Cox available.

Davis is a mystery.

Wu has been awesome as a KR, with Ray Charles like vision in very limited RB reps

Bynum looked great in limited reps

JRob has tremendous tools to work with

ISM is going to take time

Think Davidson is on the PS as he should be

Wyman was an unfortunate situation.

Again, give it a minute. 

Yah, its early...But it would have been nice to have had more immediate impact than this class did. 

If Darrisaw would have played more, I might feel a little less cold about it. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Uh,,..ya think? LOL. Wow. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Uh,,..ya think? LOL. Wow. 
I imagine there's folks who stand in front of the microwave saying "hurry up!"

Gonna take a minute.

Yeah obviously it's early to see how it ultimately plays out. Just saying the minimal impact on helping the team out this year has been disappointing

If you are doing a first season draft grade we are hovering somewhere around a D

Yep way too early to call for the franchise but for Zimmer specifically, by the time these players come around it’ll be probably be too late for him. Tough break there. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Yep way too early to call for the franchise but for Zimmer specifically, by the time these players come around it’ll be probably be too late for him. Tough break there. 
What's worse is that his OL has been his bugaboo since he started in 2014. It really looks like it could finally be coming together. The projected 2022 line of Darrisaw-Cleve-Brad-Cole-O'Neill could really be something. 

But the narrative will almost certainly be "wow, the new coaching staff really whipped the OL into shape."