Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I know this will melt some peoples brains,  but looking at the draft order,  right now we sit at 12,  a win would potentially drop us to about 18,  now I know we all talk about draft position doesnt mean anything,  which we all know is BS otherwise teams wouldn't be willing to give up so much to move up,  but as it sits,  right now a win would drop us the equivalent of a 3rd round pick if we were wanting to move back up to that 12th spot.

I am not saying I will be cheering for the bears or hoping the Vikings lose for draft position,  but if they do lose,  I will not be nearly as bothered by it since this teams fate is IMO inevitable,  and a win only lessens the opportunities of building a better roster for future teams.

No cheering needed.  Cousins is blinded by the lights of Monday night.  We'll be a-o-kay if you're only looking at draft order

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I know this will melt some peoples brains,  but looking at the draft order,  right now we sit at 12,  a win would potentially drop us to about 18,  now I know we all talk about draft position doesnt mean anything,  which we all know is BS otherwise teams wouldn't be willing to give up so much to move up,  but as it sits,  right now a win would drop us the equivalent of a 3rd round pick if we were wanting to move back up to that 12th spot.

I am not saying I will be cheering for the bears or hoping the Vikings lose for draft position,  but if they do lose,  I will not be nearly as bothered by it since this teams fate is IMO inevitable,  and a win only lessens the opportunities of building a better roster for future teams.

No cheering needed.  Cousins is blinded by the lights of Monday night.  We'll be a-o-kay if you're only looking at draft order
honestly... I am expecting us to win this one the way the bears are turning into a mash unit,  that and I wonder how much give a shit they have left after blowing that lead to gbay their last game and knowing their season is over and their coach is done.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

As it stands now, Vikings should win this one easily (he says, knowing there have been plenty of similar games against Chicago we should've won easily). Until we're officially out, I'm hoping for playoffs. If the Vikings get hot anything can happen. Especially in a Covid world. 

Obviously picking 12th improves your chance of hitting, but not nearly as much as people (and NFL teams) think. There was a study couple years ago about teams who moved up in the 1st round vs. teams who moved back. The ROI for moving up just isn't there. 

[Image: 7bsoist84ekh.png]

[Image: 8ls94ft4ywzd.png]

See much of a difference? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

As it stands now, Vikings should win this one easily (he says, knowing there have been plenty of similar games against Chicago we should've won easily). Until we're officially out, I'm hoping for playoffs. If the Vikings get hot anything can happen. Especially in a Covid world. 

Obviously picking 12th improves your chance of hitting, but not nearly as much as people (and NFL teams) think. There was a study couple years ago about teams who moved up in the 1st round vs. teams who moved back. The ROI for moving up just isn't there. 

[Image: 7bsoist84ekh.png]

[Image: 8ls94ft4ywzd.png]

See much of a difference? 
well that is really dependent on who is doing the drafting at what position.  Obviously we need to see an improvement out of the guy pulling the trigger on our first round selections.  I will still take that 12th pick (or better) every year vs the 18th or worse,  as long as our team isnt playoff ready,  and this one isnt.