Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson waived
Well, bye.

Eric Wilson waived by the Eagles.

He may not be a straw that stirs the d,   but the d could sure use his splash stats this year.

Yup, with Barr injured every other play or so I'd take him back.

Personally, I see no reason to bring him back.  At this point, if someone is not part of the future, I see little reason to bring him on and prevent the young players getting some reps.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
Personally, I see no reason to bring him back.  At this point, if someone is not part of the future, I see little reason to bring him on and prevent the young players getting some reps.

Lol, 1/2 the damn team isn't part of our future.  We'll hopefully have a new coach next year and I fully expect a major house cleaning. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@VikingOracle said:

Lol, 1/2 the damn team isn't part of our future.  We'll hopefully have a new coach next year and I fully expect a major house cleaning. 
I'd rather have Dye, Lynch and Surratt get some reps than Wilson.  Time to really take measure of these young players as I have no confidence in Zimmer with young players.  Too many examples of him sitting young players until an injury forces Zimmer's hand.  

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
I hear ya VO and agree but I think there could still be a place of Wilson. He showed a lot of potential when he was a Viking. I wouldn’t dismiss the possibility of both/and.

also-apropos of absolutely nothing at all- does anyone else remember there was a confederate sympathizer named Mary Surratt who helped plan the Lincoln assassination? She ran a boarding house in Wash. DC that catered to southern sympathizers. I always think of her when I read his name. And NO, I’m not implicating him or calling him out in any way! It’s just a coincidence, ok? Lol.