Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Misc Thoughts
Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Pierce on pace for 34 sacks.
Chandler Jones on pace for 85 sacks ...

This week he gets Rashod Hill

i possibly related news... Cousins was seen liking door knobs and hand rails outside of a Minneapolis medical clinic this morning.

I'll take Zim and many other QBs to lead this team than

Cousins on this team with any other coach.

How many other QBs would love the weapons Minnesota could surround them with AND have historically a great defense under Zimmer.  I guarantee Rodgers would love to play on this team  

This defense will need time to gel, no doubt, and it will be good, if not great when that times come.  Unfortunately we will have a robot mercenary at QB that will take us where he has taken every other team he has QB'd, nowhere.

Quote: @Skodin said:

How many other QBs would love the weapons Minnesota could surround them with AND have historically a great defense under Zimmer.  I guarantee Rodgers would love to play on this team  

This defense will need time to gel, no doubt, and it will be good, if not great when that times come.  Unfortunately we will have a robot mercenary at QB that will take us where he has taken every other team he has QB'd, nowhere.
As bad as our OL is...no,  Rodgers would not love to play on this team. Granted there are things good QBs do to help their OLs that Cousins doesn't,   but Rodgers would have a hissy fit if he got hit as much as KC does.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:

How many other QBs would love theeapons Minnesota could surround them with AND have historically a great defense under Zimmer.  I guarantee Rodgers would love to play on this team  

As bad as our OL is...no,  Rodgers would not love to play on this team. Granted there are things good QBs do to help their OLs that Cousins doesn't,   but Rodgers would have a hissy fit if he got hit as much as KC does.
But Rodgers wouldn't get hit as much as KC does.  Nor would Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, Stafford, Brees, .  With decent mobility and greater feel for the game, QBs would perform well here.   Teddy did as a "limited QB", Bradford did despite playing on one leg with a decimated OL in 16 Even Case played behind an average at best OL in 17 and made a ton of plays with his legs.  

Cousins has no legs, like absolutely no legs.  He also moves terribly around inside the pocket, something that older QBs like Brady, Big Ben do very well.  He has limited improvisation.  If his first read is taken away and he doesn't have a great pocket, he folds.  That's why we aren't built to be behind or in passing downs.  It's what Zim mentioned today.

Ask yourself, how many other QBs could have been as successful at Cousins (one playoff win) has been in Minnesota with the weapons (Diggs, Adam, JJ, Cook)  and defense (9th in 18, 4th in 19) he has had? 

Quote: @minny65 said:
Looked like a poorly prepared, motivated and coached football team.  This team has zero heart.  
Correction. They had zero heart yesterday. Actually, I would argue focus was the bigger problem. Whatever it was, we should stop painting the entire 17 week season with the paint brush from one game. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
Looked like a poorly prepared, motivated and coached football team.  This team has zero heart.  
Correction. They had zero heart yesterday. Actually, I would argue focus was the bigger problem. Whatever it was, we should stop painting the entire 17 week season with the paint brush from one game. 
Correction.  This team has not had a heart in a looooong time not just in week 1.  Unfortunately, my comment is not based on 1 game.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
Correction.  This team has not had a heart in a looooong time not just in week 1.  Unfortunately, my comment is not based on 1 game.  
Hmmm...wow, no, I wouldn't agree with that at all. 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Pierce on pace for 34 sacks.
Chandler Jones on pace for 85 sacks ...

This week he gets Rashod Hill

Whats the over/under on Jones getting to 85 sacks this weekend?  ;-)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
Hmmm...wow, no, I wouldn't agree with that at all. 
OK we can disagree Smile