Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think?
KC is this generations Jeff George...

A polarizing figure with a hell of an arm?

George had a better arm and was more of head case

I think this year determines how he is remembered.

He either takes this ridiculously talented roster and competes for a championship and his legacy will be that of a great talent who was hurt by poor supporting casts early on....

...or he shits the bed this year because of the added pressure (or a covid issue) and history throws him onto the pile of decent, but forgotten QBs like Marc Bulger and Jeff George. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I think this year determines how he is remembered.

He either takes this ridiculously talented roster and competes for a championship and his legacy will be that of a great talent who was hurt by poor supporting casts early on....

...or he shits the bed this year because of the added pressure (or a covid issue) and history throws him onto the pile of decent, but forgotten QBs like Marc Bulger and Jeff George.
My thoughts as well. Bulger is a great comp.

What do I think?

I think after however many years its been so far...three....four.....?
we will still be asking the same question NEXT season.

Ive been a supporter of Cousins, he’s a good QB “statistically”....just wish he had some “killer instinct” 

In the same argument, I think play calling is going to be a real problem, and for whatever reason, I think this franchise / coaches / whatever are just too afraid to tell a QB, “just go sling it” and take the leash off.

Just my opinion

Arm strength isn't comparable. Kook has a good to very good arm. George has a rocket launcher attached to his shoulder.

George might get drunk and tell you he's fine to drive, just get in the car. Kook doesn't give you that option.

Cousins arm strength isn't anything like George. I saw George play in KC when Moss returned the punt for a TD to tie it. I've never seen a stronger arm live than Jeff George. It was a missile. 

Jeff George was close to Favre in arm strength. Favre was said to throw as high as 63 mph and in the contests they went against each other, Favre could throw farther by a couple of yards. That puts George’s velocity at about 62 mph. Kirk Cousins velocity in testing is 59 mph. 
How much zip did George have compared to today’s NFL? There’s only one player at his level - Josh Allen who currently has the highest velocity in the league at 62. Thats 2 mph faster than anyone playing today, with Mahomes and Mayfield at 60 mph. Cousins 59 is still one of the higher recorded speeds and matches that of guys like Kaepernick. 
Cousins has legit top level arm strength. He’s also exceptionally accurate. He is a considerably better QB overall than George, although George had a couple decent seasons, one being with the Vikings. Arm strength though, George is among the top 5 or so ever to sling it in the modern era. 

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
What do I think?

I think after however many years its been so far...three....four.....?
we will still be asking the same question NEXT season.

Ive been a supporter of Cousins, he’s a good QB “statistically”....just wish he had some “killer instinct” 

In the same argument, I think play calling is going to be a real problem, and for whatever reason, I think this franchise / coaches / whatever are just too afraid to tell a QB, “just go sling it” and take the leash off.

Just my opinion
Thats all Kirk is missing.  He has no intangibles.  No killer instinct (except for his antivaxx stance).  He just doesn't have that leadership mindset built in that I think you need to have to be a top QB in the league.