Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Spin Doctor Weighs In
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@dadevike said:
@PurplePastor said:
@MaroonBells said:
Hadn't really thought about this side of it...but imagine a scenario where the Vikings do forfeit a game, crushing hopes of a playoff birth, forcing all the players who've made personal sacrifices for the team for months...just to make another one: their paycheck. What will Kirk or Adam or whoever say then? "It is what it is?"

I really don’t know if a team can recover from a forfeit. If I’ve been vaccinated and we’ve got guys that haven’t been and then we’ve got to forfeit, I’m losing a big check — and they are big checks now. They aren’t like when I played; maybe a game check was 2,500 bucks.
Now I’m talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars that most guys are making per game. And so that’s going to have an effect on the team and the outcome of the season. I really believe that.
Does this assume the vaccine doesn't work and the vaccinated players get sick or just the unvaccinated ones? 
Getting the vaccine does not guaranty that one will not get Covid.  But it is a very good (not 100%) guaranty that you won't die from it and won't be hospitalized and on a ventilator because of Covid.  But vaccinated people can still spread Covid.  ... Bottom line: everyone get vaccinated and wear a mask and we can get through this in a matter of weeks.  
Of course, that won't happen because: freedom, paranoia, conspiracy theories, Q, the federal government, tracking devices, facebook, "I do my own research," the CDC, the FDA, the WHO (not the band), Hannity, Trump, Biden, Fox News, ...
Hahaha, that line doesn't have the same ring to it after 1 year and a half of variants.

When people include "wear a mask" and then say "follow the science" at this point is just laughable.  Follow the govt approved talking points.
"If you are not a scientist, and you disagree with scientists about science, it’s actually not a disagreement. You're just wrong. Science is not truth. Science is finding the truth. When science changes its opinion, it didn't lie to you. It learned more." — a smart person
"anyone arguing for masks at this point and then claiming science is either stupid or a liar."  - a smarter person

Quote: @dadevike said:
@greediron said:
@dadevike said:
@PurplePastor said:
@MaroonBells said:
Hadn't really thought about this side of it...but imagine a scenario where the Vikings do forfeit a game, crushing hopes of a playoff birth, forcing all the players who've made personal sacrifices for the team for months...just to make another one: their paycheck. What will Kirk or Adam or whoever say then? "It is what it is?"

I really don’t know if a team can recover from a forfeit. If I’ve been vaccinated and we’ve got guys that haven’t been and then we’ve got to forfeit, I’m losing a big check — and they are big checks now. They aren’t like when I played; maybe a game check was 2,500 bucks.
Now I’m talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars that most guys are making per game. And so that’s going to have an effect on the team and the outcome of the season. I really believe that.
Does this assume the vaccine doesn't work and the vaccinated players get sick or just the unvaccinated ones? 
Getting the vaccine does not guaranty that one will not get Covid.  But it is a very good (not 100%) guaranty that you won't die from it and won't be hospitalized and on a ventilator because of Covid.  But vaccinated people can still spread Covid.  ... Bottom line: everyone get vaccinated and wear a mask and we can get through this in a matter of weeks.  
Of course, that won't happen because: freedom, paranoia, conspiracy theories, Q, the federal government, tracking devices, facebook, "I do my own research," the CDC, the FDA, the WHO (not the band), Hannity, Trump, Biden, Fox News, ...
Hahaha, that line doesn't have the same ring to it after 1 year and a half of variants.

When people include "wear a mask" and then say "follow the science" at this point is just laughable.  Follow the govt approved talking points.
Not sure I grasp your MAGA insight.  But I think laughing at "follow the science" probably tells me all I need to know. And it reinforces my conclusion that, "of course, that won't happen here."
Then we know which category you fit in.  

I wasn't laughing at science, I was laughing at you.

Very high rate of vaccination, masks and guess what

https://twitter.com/ianmSC/status/1432383336626802695

Quote: @greediron said:

could it be argued that all the data isnt present here?  perhaps the mask mandates were in response to seeing signs of a pending spike and while the spike still came that perhpas it wasnt as severe as it would have been otherwise?  also these new cases in relation to vaccination, how were avg hospitalizations affected pre/post among those vaccinated?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

could it be argued that all the data isnt present here?  perhaps the mask mandates were in response to seeing signs of a pending spike and while the spike still came that perhpas it wasnt as severe as it would have been otherwise?  also these new cases in relation to vaccination, how were avg hospitalizations affected pre/post among those vaccinated?
I believe NPR said half of the seriously ill hospitalizations were from vaccinated.  I haven't scientifically verified this statement, so don't quote me on it yet.

This is 2 months after reinstating the mandate.  And there were 2 other huge spikes during a mask mandate.  So I would say either the mask don't make a difference, or they actually make it worse.

@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

I believe NPR said half of the seriously ill hospitalizations were from vaccinated.  I haven't scientifically verified this statement, so don't quote me on it yet.

This is 2 months after reinstating the mandate.  And there were 2 other huge spikes during a mask mandate.  So I would say either the mask don't make a difference, or they actually make it worse.

I read a study by some university in Canada that says that it takes an n95 or higher quality mask to see appreciable reductions in aerial droplets,  the cheap blue ones everyone uses are pretty much useless,  so I guess by that it may just depend on what kind of masks they are allowing and what exceptions they allow.

Kind of like here where you can be maskless in estaurants if you are sitting at your table eating and drinking.....LOL WTF good does that do if there is central heating/air or other fans  circulating your exhaust to other tables in the area. 

Just for laughs,  but it fits.

[Image: kenny-south-park-proof-that-covering-you...C498&ssl=1]