Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brady has some strong words to say...

Sorry Tom, new deal kicks in 2023, don’t be ignorant yourself…  :p 

I think Brady is making a very good point for the players union and timing is everything.  

Billionaires be Billionaires and they profit of the backs of the players and usually the local stadium taxpayers in addition to the fan base.

This exclusive club laughs all the way to bank including during a pandemic.  Values up 19%!!!  

Clearly, NFL is King and primarily safely at home on TV (rights) and gambling.  Those are the 2 area's of most revenue generation for the owners and not necessarily the stadium attendance. 

So, Tom is right to try and wake up the Players and their Union for the next Labor talks when the owners cry poverty.   

Quote: @minny65 said:
I think Brady is making a very good point for the players union and timing is everything.  

Billionaires be Billionaires and they profit of the backs of the players and usually the local stadium taxpayers in addition to the fan base.

This exclusive club laughs all the way to bank including during a pandemic.  Values up 19%!!!  

Clearly, NFL is King and primarily safely at home on TV (rights) and gambling.  Those are the 2 area's of most revenue generation for the owners and not necessarily the stadium attendance. 

So, Tom is right to try and wake up the Players and their Union for the next Labor talks when the owners cry poverty.   
the problem is they are trading furs for beads.. the players union is willing to accept less contact days and other dumb ass concessions from the owners instead of being willing to work as much or more for a much bigger slice of the pie.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@minny65 said:

the problem is they are trading furs for beads.. the players union is willing to accept less contact days and other dumb ass concessions from the owners instead of being willing to work as much or more for a much bigger slice of the pie.
Right, so like Brady said "ignorant" 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@minny65 said:

Right, so like Brady said "ignorant" 
i often wonder how much demaurice smith gets on the side for letting his union get screwed over.

While teams continue to grow in value, they lost at least approximately $100m each in revenues last year, so not exactly chump change…

Quote: @Kentis said:
While teams continue to grow in value, they lost at least approximately $100m each in revenues last year, so not exactly chump change…
Yea with no attendance and concession $$$

I'm sure the team owners are going to have to pinch pennies for the next couple years Smile

Then when they go to sell their 500 million investment for 2 Billion in a couple years they will have to somehow account for those lost revenues to the prospective Buyer Smile