Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Fields
Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/JasonCole62/status/1...8800061450
After watching about 40 drafts, you get to where you can almost predict the future with some of these QBs....

Mac Jones will look great early because he's in a system designed for him. And because he's pro ready. Eventually, he'll settle into being the next Jared Goff or Sam Darnold or Daniel Jones. 

Lawrence will be solid, but folks will wonder...is that all there is? I thought he was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Andrew Luck. He'll be out of the NFL in 6 years.

Justin Fields will amaze and astound early on because his deep ball, athleticism and accuracy are amazing and astounding. Call me in four years. We'll see where he is then. He has a chance due to his very good accuracy, but only if the Bears don't play him too early. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
After watching about 40 drafts, you get to where you can almost predict the future with some of these QBs....

Mac Jones will look great early because he's in a system designed for him. And because he's pro ready. Eventually, he'll settle into being the next Jared Goff or Sam Darnold or Daniel Jones. 

Lawrence will be solid, but folks will wonder...is that all there is? I thought he was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Andrew Luck. He'll be out of the NFL in 6 years.

Justin Fields will amaze and astound early on because his deep ball, athleticism and accuracy are amazing and astounding. Call me in four years. We'll see where he is then. He has a chance due to his very good accuracy, but only if the Bears don't play him too early. 

Nice, I like bold predictions.  I too, have watched about 40 drafts and attended 2 in NYC.  

I do think all 5 of the 1st round QB's drafted will start before the end of this season.  I can see Andy, Jimmy and Cam getting dinged and in steps the rookie "hope".

What are the odds of drafting a first round QB and him becoming an everyday starter after 3 years?  I estimate less then 30% and that is for first rounders.  For example the 4 guys drafted who are entering year 3 are Murray, D. Jones, Haskins and Lock.  So who remain an every day starting QB after this year? 1 maybe 2.  

So if you just go by odds with 5 QB's drafted in the first round this year odds are maybe 2 become everyday starting QB's after 3 years.  Then you add in injury (like Wentz) or legal (potentially Watson) and the odds start to dip below 20%.  

But odds can be all over the place from year to year.  That is why I was so high on going after a QB this draft because I think - Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields will be Top 20 NFL QB's in 3 years with Lance having a shot as well.  I am not sold on Mac Jones.  I think Lance is going to the best situation so he will have time to develop and I think he needs it even more then Fields.  The knock on Fields was primarily because he was playing at OSU with a crappy QB lineage and that he is a 1 read guy according to some analysts.  I don't think so,  I re watched a bunch of his games and I saw a ton of second option/read and check down throws.  Just watch the Clemson highlights and he does it all.  He goes through his progressions just fine.  Then their is the simple offense system knock but who had a more simple scheme then Lance.  He basically chucked it deep or ran and only played one full season of games like a man against boys.  I'm just going by my experienced eye, as you are, but I think Da Bears got a steal in Fields who would have been a Top 3 pick in almost every draft before 2021.   

Of course, I hope I am wrong on Fields being a franchise QB for the Bears but I also said before and during the draft that I would not mind us taking him so I would have been fine with him as a Viking.  Of course that depended on what we would have to give up but we could have moved into the Giants spot and grabbed him instead of the Bears.  I think we were toying/gauging with the Panthers for Slater not Fields and we make a joke of an offer anyway.  After all the dust settled I was thrilled with us getting Darrisaw, Davis and Mond in the move back but I also would have been very happy with a move up for Fields.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Jeez!

This is a scorching hot take! It’s also funny you mention Luck, because even before he quit there was definitely a lot of murmuring of, “is this it?” with him. Time will tell on Lawrence but if you told Jags Fan he’ll be outta the league after his rookie deal, I think they’d be pretty depressed about it, ha.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
Jeez!

This is a scorching hot take! It’s also funny you mention Luck, because even before he quit there was definitely a lot of murmuring of, “is this it?” with him. Time will tell on Lawrence but if you told Jags Fan he’ll be outta the league after his rookie deal, I think they’d be pretty depressed about it, ha.
Why thank you. Just think hot takes are more fun. Some previous ones... :-)

Johnny Manziel will be playing in Canada in three years. It took 4. 
Aaron Donald is the best player in this draft. If I had the 1st overall pick, I'd take Donald over Clowney
Justin Jefferson is the best WR in this class. Better than both Lamb and Jeudy. Jalen Reagor will be a bust. 
Laquon Treadwell has no juice. He's the most overrated WR in this class. 

Quote: Wink @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
Jeez!

Why thank you. Just think hot takes are more fun. Some previous ones... :-)

Johnny Manziel will be playing in Canada in three years. It took 4. 
Aaron Donald is the best player in this draft. If I had the 1st overall pick, I'd take Donald over Clowney
Justin Jefferson is the best WR in this class. Better than both Lamb and Jeudy. Jalen Reagor will be a bust. 
Laquon Treadwell has no juice. He's the most overrated WR in this class. 

Wheres the other list?   Wink