Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit GM Brad Holmes Legally Blind

Bet he's one of those guys who also thinks Ben Simmons will develop a jumper

They are in heaven in L.A. with Stafford.......his new coach just called him a 'bad mo#$@erf#cker'. I don't think any fanbase is going to understand more quickly how GOOD they had it than Detroit. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
They are in heaven in L.A. with Stafford.......his new coach just called him a 'bad mo#$@erf#cker'. I don't think any fanbase is going to understand more quickly how GOOD they had it than Detroit. 
I think you're probably right. My buddy who is a big Lions fan and lives in Ann Arbor has mentioned to me multiple times that they sometimes had to dumb down the playbook for Stafford. Whether or not that is true, I guess we will see because McVay wants to complicate things.

At the point they are both in their careers, I would actually rather have Goff.  It wasn't very long ago that he was one of the main reasons that the Rams made it to the Super Bowl.  They have had a lot of injuries on offense and Goff has been playing banged up, so I think they are giving up on him too soon.  They are 47-20 with him as a starter over the past 4 years.  Maybe it was because he never had a lot of talent around him, but I have never seen Stafford as a great QB.  It always seemed like he was making some kind of bonehead play or missing an open WR that helped us to a win.   

Quote: @"JR44" said:
At the point they are both in their careers, I would actually rather have Goff.  It wasn't very long ago that he was one of the main reasons that the Rams made it to the Super Bowl.  They have had a lot of injuries on offense and Goff has been playing banged up, so I think they are giving up on him too soon.  They are 47-20 with him as a starter over the past 4 years.  Maybe it was because he never had a lot of talent around him, but I have never seen Stafford as a great QB.  It always seemed like he was making some kind of bonehead play or missing an open WR that helped us to a win.   
I would disagree on Goff.  He seems to be the Newton type.  Physical talent but not mentally up to the task.  Lots of stories about McVay reading the D for him.  He also had Gurley carrying the load when he was succeeding.  His SB appearance was hardly Goff carrying the team, that was the interference in the Bayou year.  And I don't recall him looking too good against the Pats.