Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd time in a few weeks….
I often wear a Vikings baseball cap when I am not wearing a suit. For the second time in a few weeks a former Viking noticed my cap and says “Hey, you’re a Vikings fan?” A few days ago it hapened again, followed up by “I’m Matthew[Image: cmnl4h8qiv06.jpeg] Hatchette.” 

Hattchette is coaching high school football in LA and was at the University of Florida football camo where I took ny son.

We talked for a while about football and took a selfie (in the rain). I saw him later after the camp while headinf to the stadium for my son to try on Florida gator uniform for pics. i yelled out across the parking lot “Hey Hatchette! Skol!” He turned around with a big smile and yelled “Skol Vikings!”

AWESOME !!!! and what a great Pic / experience.

Back in the '70's when I was a kid, I asked Conrad Dobler for an autograph....Let's just say his response wasn't "age Appropriate"  

...yeah...I know, I'm old

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
AWESOME !!!! and what a great Pic / experience.

Back in the '70's when I was a kid, I asked Conrad Dobler for an autograph....Let's just say his response wasn't "age Appropriate"  

...yeah...I know, I'm old

^^^^ Remember that commercial well ^^^^^

My interaction with Dobler, not television worthy.  I liked the guys tough guy personna.
Little did I realize the guy was a total D-bag on AND off the field.

Sweet.  Who was the other former Vike?

Nice to make that connection with them being the one approaching you. 

Quote: @greediron said:
Sweet.  Who was the other former Vike?

----> Terry Lecount. I posted about it a few weeks ago.

Nice to make that connection with them being the one approaching you.