Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd be more optimistic for the year if ...
We had a "proven" kicker.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the season, we've had a good draft, made some great FA signings (IMO) we are ready to roll...

BUT - Am I the only one concerned, I mean how many games come down to a field goal, or lose because of a missed extra point?

Here's the situation - down by one or two... in the fourth quarter...4th down and 7.....with 6 seconds on the clock......on the opposing 35....

on the field trots Greg Joseph....

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the season, we've had a good draft, made some great FA signings (IMO) we are ready to roll...

BUT - Am I the only one concerned, I mean how many games come down to a field goal, or lose because of a missed extra point?

Here's the situation - down by one or two... in the fourth quarter...4th down and 7.....with 6 seconds on the clock......on the opposing 35....

Well, to be fair, we have had proven kickers before.  Bailey, Walsh, Anderson.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Touche'

Why is it we always seem to screw the pooch with kickers? 
Zim's "Shit or get off the pot" mentality?  Seems like we get the guys with "the yips"

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@greediron said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Touche'

Why is it we always seem to screw the pooch with kickers? 
Zim's "Shit or get off the pot" mentality?  Seems like we get the guys with "the yips"
Anderson predated Zimmer.  But the recent issues could be a blind spot, or lack of patience.  Don't forget Manning and his idiot kicker comment tho.  Maybe kickers are struggling with the reduced contact rules?

Yes, little bastards can quickly turn victory into defeat. I'm hopeful based on Joseph's consistency and performing fairly well under pressure, but you never know. Otherwise fearless kickers under the glare of USB lights, Zimmer's stare, the skol chant and that big horn tend to pee down their legs.