Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Burnsie.
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
 @PurpleCrush said:

Also, he was the true innovator behind the WCO. Never got the credit he deserved.
PA had tarkenton on this AM,   gives Tark the perfect opportunity to give Burns the due credit for that offense,   sets it up on a tee for tark... but no,  tark claims that he brought that offense with him from NY and married it with what burns was doing,  essentially made it sound like he (tarkenton) not burns, should be credited for creating that O.
Typical Tark...
I know he was a hero to the generation ahead of me,  but I always found him to be a bit of a DB POS.
Yeah, the longer I've been a fan, the less I've liked Tark. He's pretty much a jerk. Disliked by his teammates as well.
Gosh, who today does that remind us of today? 

HOF, Uber talented, jerk off and a douche??

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
 @PurpleCrush said:

Also, he was the true innovator behind the WCO. Never got the credit he deserved.
PA had tarkenton on this AM,   gives Tark the perfect opportunity to give Burns the due credit for that offense,   sets it up on a tee for tark... but no,  tark claims that he brought that offense with him from NY and married it with what burns was doing,  essentially made it sound like he (tarkenton) not burns, should be credited for creating that O.
Typical Tark...
I know he was a hero to the generation ahead of me,  but I always found him to be a bit of a DB POS.
Yeah, the longer I've been a fan, the less I've liked Tark. He's pretty much a jerk. Disliked by his teammates as well.

you forgot arrogant, smug fucker

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
 @PurpleCrush said:

Typical Tark...

And recently bearded.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
 @PurpleCrush said:

Typical Tark...

And recently bearded.
when was tied to shialene woodly I was really hoping that biden wouldnt have killed that pipeline,  the big money protest people were gearing up to head back up into central ND and SD to really raise hell again... it would have been interesting to see if mr rogers would have followed his betrothed into Viking country to support her very unpopular cause in enemy territory.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Well fuck,  sure gonna miss that fucking fucker.  RIP Burnsie
are we quoting you or Bert Blyleven? 

Farewell, 'Burnsie'Zimmer said he will miss talking football with Jerry Burns, the former Vikings coach who died Thursday at age 94.
"We talked a lot about the difference of the NFL now to when he was here," Zimmer said. "We talked a lot about route concepts and game management, a lot of those things. He was just a great guy to talk to. And he might be the only guy who has worse language than me."
Zimmer laughed and made reference to "Burnsie's" famous and colorfully worded defense of offensive coordinator Bob Schnelker during a news conference in 1989.
"I showed his press conference to the team one year," Zimmer said. "I said, 'You guys think I'm bad, watch this."
'https://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-expecting-good-attendance-from-vikings-veterans-for-voluntary-workouts/600057735/