Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders new stadium gets financial assistance

I think the Raiders lease costs them $1 per year…  :o 

All that public money just dumps into the net worth of ownership.  It's why Billionaires want to invest in sports teams they get financial assistance and maybe call it corporate welfare for all the people of that city who don't ever go to games but pay higher taxes.

The domed arena, which opened last summer, was built at a cost of $1.8 billion—$750 million from Clark County, $200 million from the NFL, $250 million from stadium seat licenses and a $600 million bank loan to the Raiders.

Mpls and the state of MN each kicked-in big for USB up here...And of course G20 $ + PSL's, so the Wilfs were not out of pocket much.

Mpls funding was going to come in part from restaurants and hotel, bar taxes etc..Guess how those trended in 20/21?

The states funding is coming in large part from pull-tabs which has proved wildly popular and lucrative. Mpls may be asking the state to help in the near future for their contribution %. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

The states funding is coming in large part from pull-tabs which has proved wildly popular and lucrative. Mpls may be asking the state to help in the near future for their contribution %. 

This turned out to be a GREAT move by the state.

Quote: @"Kentis" said:

My bad, this was reduced…  Wink

Raiders Las Vegas venue rent reduced to $0 on new lease proposalhttps://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/20/raiders-las-vegas-venue-rent-reduced-to-0-on-new-lease-proposal/

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"Kentis" said:

Raiders Las Vegas venue rent reduced to $0 on new lease proposalhttps://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/20/raiders-las-vegas-venue-rent-reduced-to-0-on-new-lease-proposal/
The Oakland Raiders will not pay any rent to use their new venue in Las Vegas.
Thursday, it was revealed that a draft of lease terms calling for $0 per year in rent was released during a meeting of interested parties with the Las Vegas Stadium Authority.
The lack of rent is a superficial and necessary band-aid for the deal, as receiving any revenue from rent would cause the deal to become non tax-exempt, per Las Vegas Stadium Authority board chairman Steve Hill.
The previous version of the same lease proposal called for a $1 annual rent, however, even a dollar is still considered revenue in 2017, making the change inevitable.

Like I said, the rich get richer, and god forbid they pay any taxes.  Like I said in my previous post, this is what you call corporate welfare at it's finest.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"Kentis" said:
@"Kentis" said:

The Oakland Raiders will not pay any rent to use their new venue in Las Vegas.
Thursday, it was revealed that a draft of lease terms calling for $0 per year in rent was released during a meeting of interested parties with the Las Vegas Stadium Authority.
The lack of rent is a superficial and necessary band-aid for the deal, as receiving any revenue from rent would cause the deal to become non tax-exempt, per Las Vegas Stadium Authority board chairman Steve Hill.
The previous version of the same lease proposal called for a $1 annual rent, however, even a dollar is still considered revenue in 2017, making the change inevitable.

Like I said, the rich get richer, and god forbid they pay any taxes.  Like I said in my previous post, this is what you call corporate welfare at it's finest.  
I dont know about "finest"  Sticky has a pretty dominant example of "finest" still taking place 14 years after the fact for wall street and its in the trillions...  it is growing increasing sad that we keep electing the people that make these deals... and the parties they represent,  but yet see have arguments over which major party is worse?  neither one of them could ever be considered money wise or frugal.