Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For Offensive Lineman
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Vikings would be lucky to get Darrisaw @ 14 - a no brainer if he's there.

Should elicit an even bigger smile from RS than Rosenbaum could. 

Leatherwood is vastly under-rated, I think he's going to be just fine on Sundays. I wouldn't take him over Darrisaw, and I'm no draftnik, but I know what my eyes told me watching Bama all the time.  
Teams would have to pass on some pretty remarkable talent like Pitts and Parsons, the corners, the wides in order for Darrisaw to go off the board before we pick. But it sure could happen if we get UNLucky.

If Sewell and Slater are off the board and Darrisaw is on the board at 12, I'd bet my next paycheck that Rick trades up to 12 to jump ahead of the Chargers. 

Leatherwood is an interesting case. Consensus scouting opinion is that he doesn't have the athleticism to stay at LT--that he'll need to move to RT or inside to guard. But what's funny about that is that his measurables don't say that at all. He's 6-4.5, 312, 34-inch arms, ran the forty in 4.99 and had remarkable jump numbers. Numbers that suggest a much better athlete than the scouting narrative. I also like that he was a 5-star recruit. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Leatherwood is vastly under-rated, I think he's going to be just fine on Sundays. I wouldn't take him over Darrisaw, and I'm no draftnik, but I know what my eyes told me watching Bama all the time.  
Teams would have to pass on some pretty remarkable talent like Pitts and Parsons, the corners, the wides in order for Darrisaw to go off the board before we pick. But it sure could happen if we get UNLucky.

If Sewell and Slater are off the board and Darrisaw is on the board at 12, I'd bet my next paycheck that Rick trades up to 12 to jump ahead of the Chargers. 

Leatherwood is an interesting case. Consensus scouting opinion is that he doesn't have the athleticism to stay at LT--that he'll need to move to RT or inside to guard. But what's funny about that is that his measurables don't say that at all. He's 6-4.5, 312, 34-inch arms, ran the forty in 4.99 and had remarkable jump numbers. Numbers that suggest a much better athlete than the scouting narrative. I also like that he was a 5-star recruit. 
Thats not an easy one to pull off with 1 pick in top 77???

And Eagles may not be willing to help the Vikings, at all with spot 12.

The Patriots @ 15 could be problematic too - but if they move-up, its probably for a qb. 

Let's just hope the board falls right! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Thats not an easy one to pull off with 1 pick in top 77???

And Eagles may not be willing to help the Vikings, at all with spot 12.

The Patriots @ 15 could be problematic too - but if they move-up, its probably for a qb. 

Let's just hope the board falls right! 
The trade cost isn't the problem. To move up two spots from 14 to 12 would cost two 4s and we have four. But you're right that the Eagles are probably not going to want to deal with us after Twitter keeps looping that draft day video of Rick and Mike laughing at them taking Raegor over Jefferson. 

Even if Darrisaw goes ahead of us, there is very, very little chance of Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw AND AVT ALL going before we pick. And even in that worst case scenario, we probably trade down and/or ink Eric Fisher. 

I HOPE the Patriots move up. It would definitely be for a QB and they wouldn't fear us @14, or the Chargers @13 or the Eagles @12 or the Giants @11 or the Cowboys @10. They would fear the Broncos @9 so they would have to move up to 8 where the Panthers are, which is good for us because it removes an OL needy team and replaces them with a team who would take a QB. Oh the draft. So much intrigue. Is it really 4 days away?