Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Thrilling Finale Of Fargo!
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@rf54 said:
@MaroonBells said:
I have Trey Lance as my top QB. Crazy i know. But here's how I see it. They're ALL boom or bust. All of 'em, even Lawrence. If I'm a GM, I'd go with the most Mahomes-like QB in this draft. With apologies to Wilson, thats Lance. If he goes to a team where he'll get a year on the bench, watch out year two. 
craziest statement made this draft season yet, could Trey be the best after all is said and done?  Sure but to rate him #1 right now is just being bias.  Trevor is a generational prospect that is the consensus #1 since stepping foot on the Clemson campus.  It may not end up that way but no way you could rate Trey above Trevor at this time.  Sadly the Vikings will have no chance to draft either I believe.
OK, to be fair, I think Lawrence will have the best rookie season among all the QBs. In fact, I think it could rival Dan Marino's rookie season as one of the best ever. 

But that's not what I'm doing here. And that's not what GMs should be doing either. Jax ain't going to a Super Bowl any time soon, with or without Lawrence. They should be picking the QB they think will be the best 2, 5, 10 years down the road. And they probably are. They probably think Lawrence is that QB. I'm just saying I think Lance will be that QB. 

I could be wrong. Hell, I thought Heath Shuler was the best damn QB prospect I'd ever seen. But I've learned a few things since then. 
I think Wilson is the best QB in this draft.  He can make every throw without much effort, can read a defense, can escape the pocket and buy time, goes through progressions and hits very tight windows.  Then he has that it factor!  Now he is going to the Jets so it may take a few years to get them to fly to the playoffs but I think his talent will be easy to see as a rookie.