Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First, They Came For Your Guns

...in case I needed a reminder why I hate most of the media as much as I hate the "big 2"....

Exactly when did news become political posturing?   

Does anyone remember? I suspect it was a slow morph over time. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Exactly when did news become political posturing?   

Does anyone remember? I suspect it was a slow morph over time. 
Reagan and the Fairness Doctrine being shitcanned.

According to many senior to me, it really started when much of the media fell for the Kennedys.

Quote: @Zanary said:
According to many senior to me, it really started when much of the media fell for the Kennedys.
Yes, our American Royalty. Even though Joe Kennedy was one of the biggest douchebags ever. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Zanary said:
Yes, our American Royalty. Even though Joe Kennedy was one of the biggest douchebags ever. 
I am sure that is hardly unique when it comes to wealthy families.  there always seems to be a turd under all that polish.

Quote: @Zanary said:
That's too old for me to remember, but makes a ton of sense. I suspect it may actually go back to Ike, the heralded WW2 general, Korean war and the communist scourge/mccarthy era. 

I guess the esteemed minority leader didn't get the memo.

Willful ignorance at it's peak. The modern GQP.

Actually it started with Edward R. Murrow's attack on Senator  McCarthy.   After the fall of the Soviet Union the Venona Papers were released.  Every. Single. Person. McCarthy named as Communists were on the KGB Payroll.  It is proven and not disputable.