Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice Squad Additions/Post Roster Set Moves
Quote: @VikingOracle said:
Just to keep everything straight in my mind, Vikings are signing Colquitt onto the roster and into the space created earlier today by cutting Colquitt.

Doesn't it feel like they are just f'cking with us sometimes?  Next thing you know, Dozier will be back on the 53 and starting.
Official reason: They had to open up a roster spot for Herndon by 3:00 PM yesterday, but could not place anyone on short term-IR before 3:01 PM. So they had to cut sbdy by 3 PM...

This has become pretty much a clusterfuck, the NFL hast to do something about this in the future. The team had to cut a player simply because of a "minute on paper", that's just silly. And they can't re-sign him before today. So, what if another team jumps in and makes a better offer to the player released? I'm sure Colquitt was made aware of the circumstances and knew he would get re-signed, but if sbdy jumped in an offered him more? I know in this case that's rather unlikely, but it's still a loophole that needs to be adressed.

Quote: @GermanVike said:
@VikingOracle said:
Just to keep everything straight in my mind, Vikings are signing Colquitt onto the roster and into the space created earlier today by cutting Colquitt.

Doesn't it feel like they are just f'cking with us sometimes?  Next thing you know, Dozier will be back on the 53 and starting.
Official reason: They had to open up a roster spot for Herndon by 3:00 PM yesterday, but could not place anyone on short term-IR before 3:01 PM. So they had to cut sbdy by 3 PM...

This has become pretty much a clusterfuck, the NFL hast to do something about this in the future. The team had to cut a player simply because of a "minute on paper", that's just silly. And they can't re-sign him before today. So, what if another team jumps in and makes a better offer to the player released? I'm sure Colquitt was made aware of the circumstances and knew he would get re-signed, but if sbdy jumped in an offered him more? I know in this case that's rather unlikely, but it's still a loophole that needs to be adressed.
Yep, exactly. The NFL makes these stupid rules, smart teams learn how to circumvent them and the whole thing is just a dog chasing his tail.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Yep, exactly. The NFL makes these stupid rules, smart teams learn how to circumvent them and the whole thing is just a dog chasing his tail.

In this case however....Colquitt is the one who's screwed now lol. Maybe, just maybe they wouldn't have signed Berry if they did not "have to" cut Colquitt for the above mentioned stupid reason.

Of course, they could've done it anyway even if they had cut another player instead of Colquitt, but one has to wonder if it didn't make them more susceptible to do so given these circumstances.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Putting these players on IR today means they have to miss a minimum of 3 games.

That mean hopeful returns for Nwangwu and Chisena, but Irv is likely out a few months.
Quote Tweet
[Image: By_1Lzn6_normal.jpg]
Minnesota Vikings
@Vikings
· 12m
The #Vikings have placed TE Irv Smith Jr., RB Kene Nwangwu and WR Dan Chisena on IR
Curious if the Vikings waited for the active roster to set before placing ISJ on IR or if that was just due to timing of the surgery. Because, technically, since it was after the roster set, Irv can come back this year. The optimistic timetable for his return is 4 to 5 months. 4 months puts us at week 17 in an 18 week season, so not even the playoffs yet. I know, seems incredibly unlikely, but he could feasibly play the final 2 regular season games for us, and then the playoffs. 

Meh, with Chris Hitman Herndon, we'll probably forget all about ISJ. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Curious if the Vikings waited for the active roster to set before placing ISJ on IR or if that was just due to timing of the surgery. Because, technically, since it was after the roster set, Irv can come back this year. 
Most definitely they did it because of that. Now they have six weeks to see how well his rehab will be going and then make a decision whether they want to put him back on the active roster (and keep him inactive on gamedays until he's healthy again) or whether they have to shut him down for the year.