Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you rank the greatest QB's in franchise history?
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@comet52 said:
@Jor-El said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
It's just crazy to me that we have never in the franchise's history drafted a QB that's been a franchise type player.  Culpepper has been the closest. We have always been the spot for established QB's to go to make a run when our talent has been up to par
Fran doesn't count?
Fran was definitely a franchise QB...but technically, we acquired him via trade from the Giants before his Super Bowl seasons, so even though we initially drafted him, he kind of set the future pattern.
Why they ever traded him away I don't know.  When he led us over the Bears as a rookie in the 1st ever Viking game we became the only expansion team ever to win its first game, which is a record that I think still stands.
The Texans won their first game too...I think against the Cowboys?
Looked it up, you are correct.  Another Viking record bites the dust lol.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
It's just crazy to me that we have never in the franchise's history drafted a QB that's been a franchise type player.  Culpepper has been the closest. We have always been the spot for established QB's to go to make a run when our talent has been up to par
Fran doesn't count?

Good call, I never realized that we had actually drafted Fran and thought he was just always someone we acquired via trade from the Giants. 

This caught my eye in looking over his career.  His last season was in 1978 and he threw 32 INT's that season!  How the hell was that even possible in the 3 yards and a cloud of dust era of football?  Like I said, all before my time...
It was Burns' Great Lake Offense, the precursor to the WCO.
I prefer Lake Woebegone Offense.