Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahomes/Chiefs vs Brady/Bucs!!
Man!

I'm looking forward to this SB as much as any I can recently remember...

NFL gotta be happy. 

No Packers or Saints so I cannot complain. That being Said, 31-24 Chiefs

Mahomes is tough to wrangle that's for sure, but if any team can do it - the Buc's front four certainly has the talent to do so.

Bucs are playing at home essentially & I wonder If they're not just a little bit hungrier than the Chiefs.  

Should be a good one.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Mahomes is tough to wrangle that's for sure, but if any team can do it - the Buc's front four certainly has the talent to do so.

Bucs are playing at home essentially & I wonder If they're not just a little bit hungrier than the Chiefs.  

Should be a good one.
If I was an owner and could pick one player to start my nfl franchise with?

Definitely Mahomes...

I think KC will win.  I just hope the Bucs can make it interesting, but won't be surprised one bit if it's a KC blowout.

I don't get this. Not sure why it would be a better defense with Vita Vea and Jamel Dean healthy. It's almost like he's saying Tampa's defense wasn't as good when their backups were playing. Weird.  

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status...17056?s=20

Dan Graziano, national NFL writer: Brady. I think the Chiefs' offensive line issues show up just enough to make a difference in this game, which I still expect to be high scoring. The Bucs' offense is operating at a high level right now, and Brady will make enough plays down the field to win his seventh Super Bowl title.
Mina Kimes, NFL analyst: Mahomes. Yes, he is fortunate to play with arguably the best combination of head coach, No. 1 wide receiver and tight end in the NFL -- but he is also playing behind a ramshackle offensive line that will be facing a fearsome Bucs pass rush. He's going to have to make some dazzling plays on the run to pull off the win.
Jason Reid, The Undefeated writer: Mahomes. While sharing the game's biggest stage with the greatest quarterback in NFL history, Mahomes will shut the door on one era and add a big accomplishment to his own.
Seth Wickersham, NFL writer: Pierre-Paul. Bowles' strength as a defensive coach is attacking the opponent's offensive line, and the Chiefs are thin there. JPP will have a monster game.
Field Yates, NFL analyst: Mahomes. The Bucs are going to be able to hang offensively with Kansas City, which means Mahomes needs to be at his best. And while he won the Super Bowl MVP award last year, his performance wasn't eye-popping, and I expect a stronger showing this Sunday.

• The Buccaneers will be the first team to play a Super Bowl in their home stadium. It will be the team's second Super Bowl appearance, and it will mark the fifth time since 2000 that a wild card has made it. Each of the previous four teams went on to win. The Chiefs, meanwhile, are in their fourth ever appearance and are trying to become the first repeat champion since the 2003-04 Patriots.
  • The Chiefs (303.4) and Bucs (289.1) finished 1-2 in passing yards per game during the regular season. Per Elias Sports Bureau research, this will be the first Super Bowl ever to feature the top two passing offenses in the NFL.
  • Kansas City generated pressure on 35.8% of opponent passing plays this season, second best in the NFL, and Brady ranked 27th in QBR under pressure (10.6). Per ESPN metrics/NFL Next Gen Stats, Chiefs defensive tackle Chris Jones had the second-best pass rush win rate as an interior rusher this season (20.3%), trailing only Aaron Donald. On the other side of the ball, Mahomes leads the NFL in QBR when pressured (75.6), but Tampa Bay's Jason Pierre-Paul and Shaquil Barrett both rank top-five in pass rush win rate among edge rushers this postseason.
  • During the regular season, the Buccaneers ran the ball by design 34% of the time, which ranked 26th in the NFL. They finished tied for 28th in rushing offense (94.9 yards per game). According to Elias, only one Super Bowl-winning team has averaged fewer than 95 rushing yards per game during the regular season (2011 Giants).
  • The Chiefs have allowed touchdowns on 76.6% of red zone possessions, worse than any other team in the league and the worst mark by a Super Bowl team in the past 20 years. Only five other Super Bowl defenses had a red zone efficiency at or above 60%, and their collective Super Bowl records were 0-5. Tampa Bay's Evans has nine red zone touchdown catches this season (including playoffs).
  • Tampa Bay's defense has produced seven takeaways this postseason. Cornerback Sean Murphy-Bunting can join Rodney Harrison and Aeneas Williams as the only players to record an interception in four consecutive playoff games if he hauls one in on Sunday.
  • Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce (418) and Buccaneers wideout Chris Godwin(398) are first and second in receiving yards when put in motion or shifted, and they are tied for the most TDs on such plays (four).

Close through 1st qurter, TB may even take the lead.

The KC will put on a clinic beatdown.

KC 42+ - TB 24

This is not going well, reminds me of some games I have blocked from memory.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]