Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comp picks?
SMH re Mac Jones. Are you guys serious? I think I would rather take a QB from Ohio State. The Crimson Tide makes every QB look like a star. Jones isn't even a great physical talent like Tua or Jalen Hurts. Yeah, yeah, leadership, reads the field well...so did AJ McCarron. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
SMH re Mac Jones. Are you guys serious? I think I would rather take a QB from Ohio State. The Crimson Tide makes every QB look like a star. Jones isn't even a great physical talent like Tua or Jalen Hurts. Yeah, yeah, leadership, reads the field well...so did AJ McCarron. 
Yes very early and I haven't really looked at all the QB's extensively.  I still have a man-crush on Wilson.  But to your point NFL has surely gone to very athletic QB who can run and Mac Jones doesn't seem to fit that model.  He is more of the pocket passer which is not detrimental if he has a very quick read and release and has that clock in his head unlike Cousins (not trying to crap on Cousins just using it as an example that we are all in agreement on).  

Anyway: Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance all seem to have what the NFL is looking for today and Mac not as much so I don't know about Jones going in the Top 20.  Even though the Patriots had Bledsoe and Brady I am not sure they are as high on Mac Jones like the media is trying to portray.  Guess we will know a lot more in April Smile

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Alabama qbs sit behind a massive oline and never get touched while they throw to wide open studs who totally outclass whatever defense they are up against.  

It doesn't work like that in the NFL.