Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reese's Senior Bowl QB Watch List
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Carl Knowles" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Carl Knowles" said:
@MaroonBells: I missed the fact that Mac Jones was a late add on to the Senior Bowl. Thanks. Yes, I think Mac Jones should look like the best of Senior Bowl QBs... does he warrant the Vikings 14 pick? If he is actually 6-3 and wows in Mobile, I might change my mind on that.
Questions on Mac Jones: what's his mobility like? Arm strength?

Those are goods questions scouts and front offices are trying to figure out. Pertaining to the Vikings, I just don't think he represents a noticeable upgrade over Kirk Cousins. And, with the 14th pick the Vikings are in the market to make an serious upgrade to their current roster. I could be wrong, but I think right now I'm sold on Christian Barmore at 14. 
Well that's the million dollar question. Who is an upgrade over Cousins? And is that our biggest concern? Lawrence and Wilson look like they might be, but neither is available without a Ricky Williams like trade up. The rest have serious questions.

Cousins was horrible early on in the year, but he was able to figure out whatever wasn't working and for the last 10 weeks, he was one of the best QBs in the NFL. 

Another thing is that he's only 32. 5 years younger than Aaron Rodgers, 10 years younger than Drew Brees, 11 years younger than Tom Brady. And like QBs who play a long time (Favre, Brady), he's been incredibly durable. While it would not surprise me to see him play another 6 to 8 years, he's easily got another 3 or 4. 

would agree with that...We've done a hell of a lot worse than KC since Pepp. It'll be interesting to see how the  QB's get stacked and eventually come off the board. 

I think we'd be (we are) damn competitive offensively - but they really need to double-down on improving that OL. Tricky to do when the D fell off so badly. 

I'm a little concerned they are going to draft for need at 14 vs BPA...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Carl Knowles" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Carl Knowles" said:
@MaroonBells: I missed the fact that Mac Jones was a late add on to the Senior Bowl. Thanks. Yes, I think Mac Jones should look like the best of Senior Bowl QBs... does he warrant the Vikings 14 pick? If he is actually 6-3 and wows in Mobile, I might change my mind on that.
Questions on Mac Jones: what's his mobility like? Arm strength?

Those are goods questions scouts and front offices are trying to figure out. Pertaining to the Vikings, I just don't think he represents a noticeable upgrade over Kirk Cousins. And, with the 14th pick the Vikings are in the market to make an serious upgrade to their current roster. I could be wrong, but I think right now I'm sold on Christian Barmore at 14. 
Well that's the million dollar question. Who is an upgrade over Cousins? And is that our biggest concern? Lawrence and Wilson look like they might be, but neither is available without a Ricky Williams like trade up. The rest have serious questions.

Cousins was horrible early on in the year, but he was able to figure out whatever wasn't working and for the last 10 weeks, he was one of the best QBs in the NFL. 

Another thing is that he's only 32. 5 years younger than Aaron Rodgers, 10 years younger than Drew Brees, 11 years younger than Tom Brady. And like QBs who play a long time (Favre, Brady), he's been incredibly durable. While it would not surprise me to see him play another 6 to 8 years, he's easily got another 3 or 4. 

would agree with that...We've done a hell of a lot worse than KC since Pepp. It'll be interesting to see how the  QB's get stacked and eventually come off the board. 

I think we'd be (we are) damn competitive offensively - but they really need to double-down on improving that OL. Tricky to do when the D fell off so badly. 

I'm a little concerned they are going to draft for need at 14 vs BPA...

Of course the BPA under Spielman is what left us with shit for IOL and having to go to FA for impact DTs,  not to mention QB.

Quote: @"Carl Knowles" said:
Observation:  Mac Jones looks at plays like he is 6'3 I didn't even know that was a question?   On the flip side, Zack Wilson is listed at 6'3 and he looks closer to 6'0 then 6'3.  I bet he comes in around 6'1.  Love that kids arm but I am reading some knocks on him I think mostly from Bleacher.  He is from a wealthy family and has a privileged attitude along with his father apparently.  He is cocky but yet they say he wins over teammates.  They indicate a Mormon Manziel with the silver spoon upbringing.  

That gives "some" pause but I certainly don't mind some cockiness from my QB.  I have also never read anything about Wilson off the field like I have with Manziel.   I am all in on Wilson unless he pulls a Manziel Pro Day like he did with Zimmer.  I knew after that that their was no way we drafting him.  

Quote: @"Carl Knowles" said:
Next Saturday's Senior Bowl won't give the Vikings much to look at regarding pick 14, but at pick 79, edge rushers Patrick Jones, Rashad Weaver and Quincy Roche might be guys to keep an eye on who could drop to the Vikings.

Along with Franks, Kyle Trask, Jamie Newman, Kellen Mond, Sam Ehlinger and Ian Book are the other day two and three quarterbacks playing in the Senior Bowl.

DT Christian Barmore at pick 14 and Rashard Weaver with the second pick would turn the Vikings defense around in a hurry.
I really dont mind the idea of Ehlinger in the 5th. He had a bit of a down year this year but was really good last year. He's played a lot of games in a Power 5 conference and would definitely be better than Mannion, but that's not saying much