Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haskins to Steelers

Any idea what Tic Tok dance he'll be doing? This looks like a really bad fit at first blush.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...72675?s=19
just noticed this... is it coincidence that Washington Football Team abbreviated to WFT is easily misread as WTF?  I think not.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Any idea what Tic Tok dance he'll be doing? This looks like a really bad fit at first blush.
Big Ben is 39 going on 391 with all the hits he's taken.  Haskins is a first-round talent picked up for no risk and little cost.  Haskins gets his second chance, the Steelers might luck into a Big Ben successor without having to use a high draft pick.  Good move for both sides to me.

Quote: @RS Express said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Big Ben is 39 going on 391 with all the hits he's taken.  Haskins is a first-round talent picked up for no risk and little cost.  Haskins gets his second chance, the Steelers might luck into a Big Ben successor without having to use a high draft pick.  Good move for both sides to me.
Agree. Best thing for Haskins is to sit on the bench for a couple years and develop. He may never, but it's his only shot. 

Definitely a low risk move, but this guy is shockingly immature. He put his coach at risk. Not a guy I'd want in the locker room.

Since it's about WFT and I didn't want to start a new thread.

https://twitter.com/WashingtonNFL/status...58912?s=19

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

just noticed this... is it coincidence that Washington Football Team abbreviated to WFT is easily misread as WTF?  I think not.
Actually WTF is more appropriate!  =) 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Definitely a low risk move, but this guy is shockingly immature. He put his coach at risk. Not a guy I'd want in the locker room.
Exactly.  It's low risk, but I don't see much upside.  Haskins has made some really poor decisions off the field and hasn't flashed on the field.  If he matures, there is some upside with his arm talent but he doesn't portray himself as a leader and those intangibles (leadership, work ethic, mental preparation, etc) are what elevate QBs when they get to the NFL.