Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Leber's thoughts on the game

And not a mention about loosing draft position, what's with this guy?

Agree with Leber, Matt Rhule lost this game for the Panthers.  

We only look at why we win and not why we didn't lose but if we did it was a horrible coaching job by Rhule.  And they were still within a 54 yard FG to win.  

I dont think Carolina lost this game as the Vikings tried everything they could to lose which includes two defensive scores for Carolina and a Vikings muffed punt. Kirk went down and did what we need and their kicker missed a 54 yarder. Vikes won a game they shouldnt have, but it's not like Carolina's offense was that good to begin with.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
I dont think Carolina lost this game as the Vikings tried everything they could to lose which includes two defensive scores for Carolina and a Vikings muffed punt. Kirk went down and did what we need and their kicker missed a 54 yarder. Vikes won a game they shouldnt have, but it's not like Carolina's offense was that good to begin with.
Yea I see your point.  A team rarely wins a game when they have 3 TO's, 2 for TD's and the 3rd on our 9 yard line.  So if you reverse the teams and we lost with a 3+ turnover ratio I would likely blame Zimmer (depends) just like am Matt Rhule.  So if Zimmer called a pass with 1:51 remaining from the 3 yard line and the other team had zero timeouts I have to look at it subjectively.  If they ran from the 3 and didn't score the clock would have been around 1:11 remaining and our last drive only took 1:05.  IDK having put the opposite spin on that play it wasn't horrible because it's not like you are leaving the time for Rodgers.  I just don't know how a team loses a game with 2 Defensive TD's and a third on the opposing teams 9 yard line.   

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Yea I see your point.  A team rarely wins a game when they have 3 TO's, 2 for TD's and the 3rd on our 9 yard line.  So if you reverse the teams and we lost with a 3+ turnover ratio I would likely blame Zimmer (depends) just like am Matt Rhule.  So if Zimmer called a pass with 1:51 remaining from the 3 yard line and the other team had zero timeouts I have to look at it subjectively.  If they ran from the 3 and didn't score the clock would have been around 1:11 remaining and our last drive only took 1:05.  IDK having put the opposite spin on that play it wasn't horrible because it's not like you are leaving the time for Rodgers.  I just don't know how a team loses a game with 2 Defensive TD's and a third on the opposing teams 9 yard line.   
If we reverse teams and its the Vikes who lose with a +3 turnover ratio then we would 100% be berating Cousins. Teddy sucked yesterday...all day. Rhule had a phenomenal gameplan on defense and it worked in the first half. Cousins just outshined the panthers and won the game. Teddy deserves a lot of blame here because he looked really bad and his stats say that

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@minny65 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
If we reverse teams and its the Vikes who lose with a +3 turnover ratio then we would 100% be berating Cousins. Teddy sucked yesterday...all day. Rhule had a phenomenal gameplan on defense and it worked in the first half. Cousins just outshined the panthers and won the game. Teddy deserves a lot of blame here because he looked really bad and his stats say that
Teddy did suck and missed some easy throws and open receivers.  If the stats and results were reversed and Cousins drove us from our 16 to the 36 for a 54 yard FG attempt in 45 seconds, IDK.  If we made the 54 yarder the story would be about the last drive to win the game.  I also disagree on a phenomenal defensive game plan in the first half.  We had 4 drives, 1 3 and out, an 11 play and 13 play scoring drives and a short drive after Kendricks Int at our own 9.  

I agree overall that Teddy was at fault as well.  But Rhule did not coach/call a good game either - IMO.