Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Rd Do-Over?? AWJ over Ezra Cleveland???
I really wanted to see us take Winfield, but the only way that was happening was to take him in the first or to trade down into the early second.  Pretty dumb article to center it around the play last night, when it was a blatant interference call and he really should have cost them the game not won it.

if Cleveland works as a ten year left tackle there is no way I want a safety instead.  As a fan I would have loved to have AWJ but a left tackle is WAY more valuable.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
I really wanted to see us take Winfield, but the only way that was happening was to take him in the first or to trade down into the early second.  Pretty dumb article to center it around the play last night, when it was a blatant interference call and he really should have cost them the game not won it.

I have heard, "Maybe AWJ instead of Cleveland (but not possible without trade up)" and "Wouldn't want to give up Jefferson to get AWJ".
Why is no one saying, maybe we should have taken Winfield instead of Gladney?

It must be fate, karma, kismet, the will of the gods, for AWJ to go to a team with a chance at a title instead of a team that will never have one.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"JR44" said:

I have heard, "Maybe AWJ instead of Cleveland (but not possible without trade up)" and "Wouldn't want to give up Jefferson to get AWJ".
Why is no one saying, maybe we should have taken Winfield instead of Gladney?
Because you can play that game until you're blue in the face. Every year, every round. Maybe because corners are more valuable than safeties. Maybe because AWJ would've been a 1st rounder sitting on the bench unless we traded one of Harry and Harris and we seemed to have exhausted all attempts to trade Harris. Either way, it's too early to say which is the better pick. 

AWJ has a good game against a 1 win team and now he is all world?  Welcome back to earth...  He and the rest of the Bucs D were embarrassed.