Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook to get MRI today...
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
It's great that he is leading but the offense has to go beyond that. There are going to be games where he is not going to get to run roughshod over everyone. Then what are they going to do? 
Pass? I know, protection is an issue, but replace Samia with a cardboard cutout of a league average guard and we might be OK.

Yes, there will be games when we can't run, but considering the Vikings have played the Packers (3rd ranked run defense), the Colts (4th ranked run defense) and the Seahawks (3rd ranked when we played them, now 10th), I like our chances of keeping the ground game going. 

Cook just did an interview asking about his availability for Sunday and he said he’s taking it “day to day”.

For the love of God Zim don’t let him play Sunday! Don’t do what you did last year, allow Dalvin to rush back, and then he’s not the same player. 

Holding him out through the bye would be giving him essentially 3 full weeks of rest. Do that!

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
It's great that he is leading but the offense has to go beyond that. There are going to be games where he is not going to get to run roughshod over everyone. Then what are they going to do? 
Pass? I know, protection is an issue, but replace Samia with a cardboard cutout of a league average guard and we might be OK.

Yes, there will be games when we can't run, but considering the Vikings have played the Packers (3rd ranked run defense), the Colts (4th ranked run defense) and the Seahawks (3rd ranked when we played them, now 10th), I like our chances of keeping the ground game going. 
Obviously pass. But Cousins needs a plan because he overthinks things and has a hard time when it goes off script. Cook is not always going to get his run game and his health is a consideration. Definitely need to get Samia out of there. I really wish they had some quality at the guard position.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Cook just did an interview asking about his availability for Sunday and he said he’s taking it “day to day”.

For the love of God Zim don’t let him play Sunday! Don’t do what you did last year, allow Dalvin to rush back, and then he’s not the same player. 

Holding him out through the bye would be giving him essentially 3 full weeks of rest. Do that!
i would think a groin needs 3 weeks minimum. Z put words in his mouth no doubt

Running back Dalvin Cook not practicing again for Vikings on ThursdaySources have said he’s not expected to suit up for Sunday’s game against Atlanta before a scheduled Week 7 bye.Running back Dalvin Cook was among three players on the Vikings active roster not practicing at the start of Thursday’s session, according to a pool report.

Cook has watched two practices from the sideline since straining his groin during the Vikings’ loss in Seattle, and sources have said he’s not expected to suit up for Sunday’s game against Atlanta before a scheduled Week 7 bye.
Defensive tackle Jaleel Johnson returned in some capacity, as he was suited up and participating in the start of practice after missing Wednesday’s session due to a back injury.
Cornerback Holton Hill (foot) and receiver K.J. Osborn (hamstring) remain sidelined.
Two of the Vikings’ six players on injured reserve, right guard Pat Elflein (thumb) and linebacker Troy Dye (ankle), worked off to the side of practice. 
Defensive end Danielle Hunter (neck) has not been seen at practice for the past couple weeks.
https://www.startribune.com/running-back...572755621/