Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Herbert impressive in 1st start vs KC
Chargers look legit, took KC to OT.  Herbert had some throws in tight windows that Cousins can’t/won’t make.  300 yds, 2 TDs and 1 INT in his first start vs Super Bowl champs?  Kid is going to be a good one.  

I agree, Herbert showed a lot today...He could be a good one for The Bolts. 

He did look good today. He looked poised and made some good plays. 

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
Chargers look legit, took KC to OT.  Herbert had some throws in tight windows that Cousins can’t/won’t make.  300 yds, 2 TDs and 1 INT in his first start vs Super Bowl champs?  Kid is going to be a good one.  
Yep. Last year we had 2 (late) first round picks. Packaging them and a lot more to move up and get Burrow (no chance), Tua, or Herbert would have been difficult but not impossible.
Even better would have been trading one of those early picks, and possibly our 2nd rounder and change for more ammo in the upcoming draft, with an eye on drafting a QB this year. Rick could have gotten us 3 firsts in the 2021 draft I bet.

Instead we got Jefferson who looks promising, a CB who doesn't, and an O-lineman in the 2nd who can't get on the field. It's way too early to write these guys off but the point is, getting a franchise QB in the draft takes one of 2 things-
An epically terrible season (looking possible)Advance planning (didn't happen)
I don't really care which road the Vikings take, but getting a franchise rookie QB should be the #1 priority of this franchise. As it should have been last year too, in my opinion.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
Yep. Last year we had 2 (late) first round picks. Packaging them and a lot more to move up and get Burrow (no chance), Tua, or Herbert would have been difficult but not impossible.
Even better would have been trading one of those early picks, and possibly our 2nd rounder and change for more ammo in the upcoming draft, with an eye on drafting a QB this year. Rick could have gotten us 3 firsts in the 2021 draft I bet.

Instead we got Jefferson who looks promising, a CB who doesn't, and an O-lineman in the 2nd who can't get on the field. It's way too early to write these guys off but the point is, getting a franchise QB in the draft takes one of 2 things-
An epically terrible season (looking possible)Advance planning (didn't happen)
I don't really care which road the Vikings take, but getting a franchise rookie QB should be the #1 priority of this franchise. As it should have been last year too, in my opinion.
I said the same thing. But this year the Vikings could be bad enough to do it without having to move up or give up additional compensation. 

Rick doesn't seem to have an interest in bundling picks to move up and get a franchise QB. Even if they are picking in the top 5 next year, I have my doubts they would select the best QB available.
The Vikings have not had much skill or luck in player evaluation when it comes to QB's or offensive linemen.
Herbert looks good but it would have been costly to get him. Instead they extended their current QB, who doesn't have the ability to carry the team, and probably extended my ongoing frustration of being a Vikings fan.