Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 coaching candidates to replace Zimmer

[Image: 4859824600000578-0-image-a-12_1516458209610.jpg]

i would love the number 1 option.

Kubiak? Is this because he's such an offensive guru? I hope you can hear the sarcasm.

IMO Bienemy should already be in their sights. He is running the model of a modern NFL offense right now, and has coached here before. Actually it's a shame he wasn't given the job after Childress was fired instead of Frazier...Bienemy took the Colorado OC job 10 days after Spielman elevated Frazier.

Quote: @"PurplePastor" said:
Kubiak? Is this because he's such an offensive guru? I hope you can hear the sarcasm.
Because lazy fansided bloggers don't bother researching facts, like the fact that Kubiak has stated every which way to Sunday in multiple interviews that he will never take a h.c. job again.

I was talking with a buddy about the idea of McDaniels yesterday. I think weapons like Thielen, Jefferson, Cook, and Irv Smith (hopefully he starts producing soon) would excite him to come to Minnesota. I would bet he would only come if he get a pick that would be Lawrence, Fields, or Lance. Only other name on that list that I would want is Bienemy.

I really don't want to pursue McDaniels. Most of all, the way he changed his mind on the Colts should make every franchise avoid him. Beyond that, I don't think any Patriot coordinators are going to succeed.

That Colts episode would give me a hard pause too...

McDaniels IMO has a chance to actually increase his stock, depending on if/how well he adapts to Newton and not having a GOAT @ QB. Cam has a good year? A bounce-back year? A pro-bowl year? That all is going to reflect well on the coach. 

I know EB is a hot name now. How long has he been good at this? BM? (Before Mahomes?) Or after the best player in the nfl got there?