Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing like denial and political condemnation from your local priest...
Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Abortion is the only word that can make followers of Christ vote against everything Christ ever talked about because of one issue that Christ never talked about.
Very gross false generalization.  Being pro-life has not caused me to vote against ANYTHING that Christ taught. 
Fair enough. And I'm relieved to hear you're not a Trump supporter. 
Where do you find reference from Christ to either political party? 
New Testament, DraintheSwampatheons. 

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Abortion is the only word that can make followers of Christ vote against everything Christ ever talked about because of one issue that Christ never talked about.
You're wrong about both... but you prefer to be ignorant of what the Bible says (and don't even believe that it's "true"), so there's no point in arguing with you.  But, as a rule, I feel compelled to point out that you're most definitely wrong.
Pumpf,

Do you believe in the literal interpretation line by line of the Bible, or do you believe some parts were written in metaphorical terms?

It's always picking and choosing the words, the interpretations.  Whatever fits their narrative

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
WTF are you talking about?
I politically identify as a fiscal conservative with a heavy tilt towards libertarianism. I'm anti-deficit spending, anti-federal reserve, pro-life, anti-war, anti-globalist with a whole host of anti/pro ideas beyond that list.  When I say that I'm pro-life.  I'm not anti-mother's choice.  I'm pro-babies choice.  They should get a say in whether they live or die.  Our constitution protects your right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Many times I cannot find a candidate that fits me exactly.  Even the ones I get close on are at most 80ish percent in agreement with my views and then like all politicians, when they get into office they do whatever is going to give them the best chance of re-election anyway.

You can be pro-life and not think we need a nanny state to hand out everything to everyone all the time.  Neighbors help neighbors.  I volunteer quite a bit of my time and money helping those in need because I don't think paying the government to do so is a very efficient way to conduct those types of services.
Many Christian supporters of Trump justify their support of an obviously immoral man through a philosophy of the end justifying the means. The end being anti-Roe justices on the supreme court. If that doesn't apply to you--and I didn't think it did since I believe you've stated that you didn't vote for him, nor do you intend to--then I'm not talking about you. It does apply to many though. 
Roe v Wade isnt going anywhere. It wouldnt matter if every justice was one slant vs the other. 

The Republucans are extremely proficent at using it as a wedge issue to keep that sweet sweet cash flowing. Had republican given one iota about Roe v Wade they could have made significant changes during the early Bush 2.0 years. They had all the cards and played none of them. 

Yes, or during Trumps first 2 years.  They didn't defund PP when they had the chance.
That said, I love when the left lectures Christians on being Christian, something they know little of and mock as lunacy at every chance.  Yet they use the standards to berate someone, like Trump, yet hold parades to proclaim their decadence.  Defend netflix, but condemn Trump.  Yeah, no hypocrisy there.

Most people I know don't care for Trump's approach, but do believe he is doing good for the country.  And this supposed racist has been lauded by the left, mostly back when he was exhibiting the behavior they are now condemning.
Hilarious you think there are no Christians on the left when there’s millions. 

The so-called Christian right is mostly wannabe fakeass hypocrites worshipping a charlatan while thumbing their nose at people who are fighting for equality.