Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote for me and get a stimulus or die
Fucking disgusting era of US political leadership.

-Don't be afraid of COVID
-No stimulus for the millions of Americans who are fucked

You vote for this clown, I hope the pitchforks and torches come for you

Going to be an ugly next 6-12 months.

I don't think all that other bullshit (from both sides) should be on a stimulus bill anyway.  The 2008 stimulus didn't have all kinds of BS built in.  A small amount of individual tax breaks and checks.  Only sending checks is my preferred type of legislation. I wish all legislation was that way.  One thing at a time no fluff.  If it isn't good enough to stand on its own it doesn't need to be passed.  
You'll know right away if the Republicans and Democrats want to play politics on this or get money to the people they claim to care about.   

Way to be a beacon of hope and reason.  Complaining about the political leadership while hoping that harm comes to your political opponents.
Then wonder why the world is so ugly.

What is the hold up on the stimulus package?  D's say the R's and the R's say the D's.  Why is the D stimulus package so much more expensive then R package?  Congress always adds funding for items other than the issue at hand. Strip funding for non-stimulus factors and pass the dang bill!  

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
What is the hold up on the stimulus package?  D's say the R's and the R's say the D's.  Why is the D stimulus package so much more expensive then R package?  Congress always adds funding for items other than the issue at hand. Strip funding for non-stimulus factors and pass the dang bill!  
oh theyve both crammed shit into their versions 

thats why im in favor of piecemeal legislation. Not the biggest Donald fan but him saying he’ll sign a bill that directly benifits the people instead of all the other BS is the way to go. 

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
I have not looked into this issue, but knowing the difference between R and D, I would say the Rs want more payroll tax cuts and industry bailouts and the Ds want checks for working Americans. That difference is as old as America itself. Older. 

I don't think there are too many economists left who still think top-down stimulus works better than bottom-up stimulus. But for whatever reason, republicans keep towing that line. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
I have not looked into this issue, but knowing the difference between R and D, I would say the Rs want more payroll tax cuts and industry bailouts and the Ds want checks for working Americans. That difference is as old as America itself. Older. 

I don't think there are too many economists left who still think top-down stimulus works better than bottom-up stimulus. But for whatever reason, republicans keep towing that line. 
The D’s came up with +$3T worth of shit and the only thing going directly to individuals was the $1200 checks. The rest was vote buying shit just like the other guys. 

The R’s didnt even have checks in their skinny bill. It was all BS. 

The Ds knew their bill was DOA in the senate and the Rs didnt even have enough votes to get theirs out of the senate. All posturing, top to bottom. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:

that would be so fucking funny if you didn't actually believe that shit.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:

that would be so fucking funny if you didn't actually believe that shit.
So you believe supply side economics works. You really do? Just want to be clear.