Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griffin signs with Cowboys
Damn... good luck, Griff, to me you'll always be a Viking, but I won't be cheering for you any longer; unless, of course, you're playing the Packers.

If the Vikings really wanted him back, then they would have made him an attractive offer right out the gate.

The dude gave 10 good years to this team and they cannot show appropriate respect.

Well, now they get what they pay for eh?

Hopefully, Odengibo, Zettel, Yarbrough, Wonnum, and Willekes can fill the void of Griffen and Weatherly.

Deposed DC George Edwards is on the Cowpoke’s staff this year, coincidence, not likely...  :o 

Seriously doubt there was any ill feelings. Everson negotiated the out he then enacted.  The Vikings simply let him go and get his market value, I am sure they had a number in mind and if he found more had their thanks and good will.

Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
Seriously doubt there was any ill feelings. Everson negotiated the out he then enacted.  The Vikings simply let him go and get his market value, I am sure they had a number in mind and if he found more had their thanks and good will.
Quote: The "negotiation" was initiated by the Vikings and the agreement to allow him to opt out was a way to save face.  Otherwise, he would have been cut because there is no way they were paying the remainder.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@mjollnir_k said:
Quote: The "negotiation" was initiated by the Vikings and the agreement to allow him to opt out was a way to save face.  Otherwise, he would have been cut because there is no way they were paying the remainder.
You act as if Everson held all the cards.  The Vikings could have easily "let him go" but stood by him.  They asked and he granted a relief in his cap structure.  Thinking there was any ill will is plain dumb, it is a business and both parties know that.  Again they let him go look for market value which was considerably less then what his contract had him at (13.9 Mil) his new contract is 3 mil base plus 3 in incentives.  We will never know if the Vikings offer was close or not.