Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We would've had a rookie camp or 2 by now right?
Some OTA stuff?? Rook camps, symposiums? A rook signing or 2?

Actually by this time last year they had completed all their scheduled OTAs/mini camps.   They had two sessions in May and two in June IIRC.  They may have had more but this was what I found.

The rookies this year are way behind previous years in many ways.

Yes, this would normally be the beginning of the long break between OTAs and the start of training camp. In other words, this would be the time when I take a look at baseball again to see if I can rekindle an old flame. Seldom works. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Yes, this would normally be the beginning of the long break between OTAs and the start of training camp. In other words, this would be the time when I take a look at baseball again to see if I can rekindle an old flame. Seldom works. 
Baseball is great on the radio when I'm working out in the garage. Sounds of summer..

I do love a good play-off game, but I've never been a fanatic of the game. 

Back to NFL, I feel for the rooks this year...I'm really tampering down my expectations from em in 2020/21. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
Baseball is great on the radio when I'm working out in the garage. Sounds of summer..

Back to NFL, I feel for the rooks this year...I'm really tampering down my expectations from em in 2020/21. 

Independent leagues are just starting but MLB still has not agreed on a plan.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

My appreciation of MLB is a lot like yours. It's a romantic appreciation. The idea of it. Sights and sounds and the smell of brats and beer. Or a matinee on tv providing the soundtrack for a Sunday afternoon nap. If I actually cared about the outcome I suppose I could love it again. 

My son's baseball league starts tonight. Man, been missing that even more. 

Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Independent leagues are just starting but MLB still has not agreed on a plan.  
hard to find give a shit when billionaire owners and millionaire ball players cant agree on a number to go out and do their jobs.

What you said Jimmy

Everything about this just makes it hard to care.
Baseball will be over before they even figure out how to begin. How will football begin? These are the only 2 sports I really enjoy. Sadly, I really don't even feel like discussing a upcoming season with all this uncertainty.