Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Reminder for the "Main Party Fan Clubs"
Your two treason organizations will have you shouting the following into November:

"OUR OLD, LYING, CORRUPT, POWER-MONGERING ACCUSED RAPIST IS BETTER THAN YOUR OLD, LYING, CORRUPT, POWER-MONGERING ACCUSED RAPIST!!"

Could all 130 million of you please sit one out, and quit lowering the f***ing bar for once?

It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!

It would take an awfully lot of people to sit out to get a 3rd party candidate the position.
What we really need to be focusing on is how to change the system such that we aren't stuck between two candidates that we hate, which happens seemingly every year.
Some changes I think would help a lot:
  1. Instant runoff voting / Ranked choice voting.  I think this is the best immediate choice for being able to vote for who you love and then fallback to a compromise vote.
  2. Eliminate the primary system.  Let all the candidates compete against each other, and let IRV/RCV sort it out.
  3. Eliminate TV and Radio ads.  Maybe eliminate all ads.  Somehow you have to reduce the need for massive amounts of money just to participate.
  4. Create a centralized social media platform where any candidate who wants to post content can.  Give candidates a place where their voice can be heard without having to spend big bucks on ads.
  5. Limit the campaign season to a certain length.  Like it can't start until 6 months before the election.  No one wants this dragging on for extended periods of time.  Not having a primary helps this.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
It would take an awfully lot of people to sit out to get a 3rd party candidate the position.
What we really need to be focusing on is how to change the system such that we aren't stuck between two candidates that we hate, which happens seemingly every year.
Some changes I think would help a lot:
  1. Instant runoff voting / Ranked choice voting.  I think this is the best immediate choice for being able to vote for who you love and then fallback to a compromise vote.
  2. Eliminate the primary system.  Let all the candidates compete against each other, and let IRV/RCV sort it out.
  3. Eliminate TV and Radio ads.  Maybe eliminate all ads.  Somehow you have to reduce the need for massive amounts of money just to participate.
  4. Create a centralized social media platform where any candidate who wants to post content can.  Give candidates a place where their voice can be heard without having to spend big bucks on ads.
  5. Limit the campaign season to a certain length.  Like it can't start until 6 months before the election.  No one wants this dragging on for extended periods of time.  Not having a primary helps this.
I would start by taking the party affiliation off the ballots.  if people dont know the candidates by the time they get to the booth they shouldnt be given a crutch... and for the love of God,  term limits, if the corruption had to start fresh every 2 terms it would be a lot harder for it to take hold and be swept under the rug.   Make paid speaking engagement or other pay back for political favors illegal from campaign donors (or organizations that receive money from campaign donors) while in office and for a period of time equal to when they were in office.

they spend so much to get elected because they will make it all back and more once they are there.   make it less financially enticing and it will clean itself up.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
Could all 130 million of you please sit one out, and quit lowering the f***ing bar for once?
OK.  

Which one of these, raises the bar? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_part...l_election

IT would be nice if you didnt have to be a billionaire/millionaire in order to run. So much influence by deep pocket, special interests...ugh

I think it should be similar to American Idol - everyone gets 7 votes to give to their favorite candidate (s) and the one with the most tweeted in votes wins... :p

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"Zanary" said:
OK.  

Which one of these, raises the bar? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_part...l_election
I'm on the Rudy Reyes bandwagon Savannah...

The Libertarian Party has several good possibilities, but they need to get their final choice figured out ASAFP, despite the COVID ridiculousness.

That said, as she shares a similar (if far more impressive) academic background with me and has been a staunch Libertarian for a long time, I wouldn't mind:

https://joj2020.com/

But, hey...shouldn't just about anyone be better than the "CHOOSE OUR LYING RAPIST!" babble from trashpiles 1 and 2?