Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings 2020 Draft Thoughts
What I liked:
Drafts are typically defined by two or three players. And the top three in this class is as good as any in recent memory. All are safe players with high floors and almost zero bust factor. I had Justin Jefferson ranked as my top receiver. Yes, ahead of even Lamb and Jeudy. I had Gladney as my 3rd corner, ahead of CJ Henderson. I had Cleveland ahead of Mekhi Becton. 

Before the draft, the corner cupboard was pretty bare. Now, it actually looks pretty good. Sure it’s young, but there’s a lot of talent to work with. And we still have Ant Harris and Harrison Smith in the back. 

Troy Dye, Harrison Hand, Kenny Willekes, Kyle Hinton

What I didn’t like:

Rick’s propensity for trading down has typically worked out well. But I have a feeling this one will bite him in the ass. Ben Bartch, a really nice prospect at guard, went a pick before ours in the 4th. 

I’m sure he traded down because what he wanted there was DL (our next two picks were DE and DT) and he couldn’t find a trade partner to move up for Gallimore or Elliott, so he takes Dantzler. Solid pick. But between Dantzler and our second 3rd, DT McTelvin Agim and DE Alex Highsmith go off the board. Frustrating. So he trades down and takes Wonnum and Lynch. I’m not overly familiar with either one, but it leaves a bad taste. Why not forget your plan and just take Bartch??

Wonnum, Lynch, Metellus