Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How in the world are they going to prepare rookies this year?
They are going to be so far behind vs previous classes...No OTA's, Rookie Camps, 1:1 coaching, lifting etc...

Of course there will be some who are more polished and prepared. But fans should be prepared for maybe less contribution this year than in a long time.

Similar to how they handled the lockout. 

I think it's very uncertain about the season starting on time or happening in any form. Preparing veterans is going to be a challenge, let alone rookies. IMO every team has made an estimate of the likelihood of playing in 2020, and it is definitely going to effect their draft approach. Some will prefer polished players like Isaiah Hodgins because they expect to play with no OTAs and a shortened training camp (probably no preseason games), and some are going to pick developmental players because they expect to have effectively 16 months to get them ready for the 2021 season.

the total home gym,  and lots and lots of madden

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
the total home gym,  and lots and lots of madden
You know them damn kids are if they're unsupervised----call of duty and a bag of doritos

i was thinking about this earlier today and was wondering how close they are to getting those hotels open on the Wilf campus.   I think they should take a dozen or so suites in one of those hotels,  rig those rooms up with multiple 2 way big screens and shit like that and have those kids be doing hours of classroom study on the new play books and video work so that when they do get to go they are as ready as they can be mentally.

I think nowadays so many players have their own personal trainers where they are staying fit and active in the offseason, thus making them more prepared for camp. Of course not all rookies have this luxury but you'd think veteran players on the team will reach out to have them workout with them and/or their trainer. Not an ideal situation, but that's my guess and what i'm hoping for.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
I think nowadays so many players have their own personal trainers where they are staying fit and active in the offseason, thus making them more prepared for camp. Of course not all rookies have this luxury but you'd think veteran players on the team will reach out to have them workout with them and/or their trainer. Not an ideal situation, but that's my guess and what i'm hoping for.
I dont think it will be a matter of being in shape as much  as it will be a matter of knowing their jobs.

A zesty marinade then 12 hours in the smoker.

Boom or Bust picks usually require a lot of coaching to develop.

Things being as they are,  that's a type of player ya take in this draft until Day if at all,IMO.

I wonder if the Vikings have adjusted their draft board at all  due to the odd circumstances.