Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Rounds from Krypton
1A, #22    WR Denzel Mims, BaylorMy feeling is that Rick Spielman will be doing everything possible in this draft to make Kirk Cousins succeed, especially with his first round picks. I think Justin Jefferson will be picked ahead of us (maybe just ahead) and disappoint many, but Spielman has been hoping to draft a great receiver for a long time and he loves Mims' athletic traits and potential to stretch the field and win in the red zone.

1B, #25    OT Austin Jackson, USCAgain, make Cousins and the offense succeed - it's the key to Spielman getting a new contract here. Lots of discussion of Jackson in Geoff's last mock so I won't say more aside from the Vikings like him and aren't going to pay what Washington wants for Trent Williams.

2, #58      DT Justin Madubuike, Texas A&MHolding off on CB through 2 rounds is going to seem stressful but I think they expect to sign a vet and might have confidence in Hughes and Hill. IMO Zimmer really sees 3T as key to his defense and Madubuike is reminiscent of Geno Atkins.

3A, #89    CB Reggie Robinson, TulsaRobinson is a rising prospect and might not even be available here, but obviously they will try to bolster CB and he fits.

3B, #105  RB Darrynton Evans, Appalachian State
This probably won't happen, but I would do it because drafting another RB is a way of letting Dalvin Cook know we aren't going to give him a Zeke Elliott contract, especially after one healthy season. And Evans would be an excellent fit in this running scheme and either a great change of pace or fine to pair with Mattison in a RBC. He reminds me of Jerrick McKinnon in good ways.

I don't know enough to predict beyond these 3 rounds, especially the way things will change in the next 48 hours.
Thanks for reading.

I love Mims so I am now on record (like anyone care Smile

I don't want to go OT early at all and would use this spot at 25 to move down if takers....especially if a QB falls into 22 or 25 range.

Would like to get either Madibuike or Jordan Elliott at 58.

Like Reggie Robinson around 89 but depends on who we drafted before and who else if available....might be able to get him at 105.

Lastly, not for a RB that early and probably not at all.

It's a risky draft, but I like Reggie Robinson. And Madubuike is a steal at 58. 

I’d love to get Mims. He’s a playmaker and would go a ways to put that pressure on defenses. Without a vertical threat, it can be tough to be a running team. He’d meet that need where he provides more than just catches.

Everything looked good until Evans...Day 2 capital for a 3rd string RB with all our holes is a no...Boone was a udfa...

I think 22 and 25 are just the wrong spot to be in for OT. I'd rather get the #3 CB or WR in the class than the #5 or 6 OT.  Or even a DE like Epanesa who ate Jackson alive in the Holiday Bowl.  Maybe Jaylon Johnson at 22 and Epanesa 25?