Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-way trade possible?
Keep hearing whispers about the Vikings interest in Trent Williams. Keep hearing whispers about the Browns interest in Williams...and Anthony Harris. Then there were the whispers about Cleveland possibly trading OBJ to the Vikings. That specific trade was shot down by several sources, but that doesn't mean there wasn't talk.

There are two facts here: 1. Williams wants out of Washington. 2. OBJ wants out of Cleveland. But I have to think that Williams would not favor a trade to Cleveland. He loves Kirk Cousins and has said he'd like to play in Minnesota. I also have to think that the Vikings would have no interest in OBJ. And they don't currently have the cap space necessary to sign Williams given their current roster.

So I have to wonder...are these three teams talking about a potential 3-way trade involving Williams, Harris, OBJ, Reiff and picks? 

Just spit balling here...maybe the Vikings send Harris and Reiff to Cleveland for OBJ, freeing up the money necessary to sign Williams. Vikings send OBJ to Washington. Washington sends Williams to the Vikings. Everyone's happy.

Of course all of this would have to be balanced by a draft pick or two. But....stranger things...

wouldnt it make more sense for the skins to get Reiff in trade somehow for Williams so they have a starting LT?  I would see it more likely that each team works out shit on their own because there gets to be to many moving pieces.  This looks more like an NBA type of deal to make their weird cap work.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
wouldnt it make more sense for the skins to get Reiff in trade somehow for Williams so they have a starting LT?  I would see it more likely that each team works out shit on their own because there gets to be to many moving pieces.  This looks more like an NBA type of deal to make their weird cap work.
Trades like this in the NFL are more likely now than they've ever been. Maybe Washington wants OBJ. Maybe they think they can get their tackle in the 2nd round. In either case, if there have been conversations between these teams, it's likely just a contingency that will be triggered only if certain players are on (or off) the board on draft day.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Trades like this in the NFL are more likely now than they've ever been. Maybe Washington wants OBJ. Maybe they think they can get their tackle in the 2nd round. In either case, if there have been conversations between these teams, it's likely just a contingency that will be triggered only if certain players are on (or off) the board on draft day.  
ok,  i just dont see many multi team transactions in the NFL,  and havent seen anything that has changed  that would trigger a surge in that type of deal.   it may happen, but the more moving pieces,  the more likely that one team balks and when the clock is ticking on draft day it gets less likely.