Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Bank Stadium to get paneling replaced.
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"Kentis" said:
Holy shit, $21 million, that’s a lot to eat by those contractors! The metrodome was like 30 million total, ouch...  Confused 
Say what you want about the old bouncy house. Between the Vikings, Twins and Gophers it made good some money for a pop up.
The Metrodome was antiquated the day it opened. What stadium gets built UNDER budget?? It was a dump.
Yeah but like Jimmy said. That place had memories for me. I when I was young single and living in Mpls before I moved I went alot of Twins and Viking games there. Easily can say I will never be in any stadium as much as was there from 82-87. 
It was a dump but it was our dump and our Vikings and Twins used that to the limit. Those teams had great home records in that dump.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Huge blunder by Mortenson and others...

They are and should be embarrassed. This is a big F-up and their reputation has been tarnished as a result.  
[Image: alilpu6ebqq3.jpg]

I just hope they put the Construction Cam back up so I can spend my days watching like I did during initial construction! Great way to waste time at work! 

No events at U.S. Bank Stadium? Then it's time to do some repair workWith no wrestling this weekend and the Stones concert off due to the coronavirus, crews can work nonstop while stadium sits empty.Without the 45,000 NCAA wrestling fans who had been expected this weekend at U.S. Bank Stadium before the coronavirus hit, crews were able to forge ahead Thursday with the $21 million repair job on the stadium's leaking zinc panels.

High above the ground, construction workers began removing the U.S. Bank Stadium logo from the building's 270-foot-high prow. They worked backwards, taking the "m" down first, then the "u."
U.S. Bank was set to host the NCAA Division I wrestling national championships through Saturday, but the event was called off as part of the effort to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The three-day, six-session event was to be transformative for college wrestling, taking the tournament from an arena to a stadium for the first time.
Instead, construction crews now will have more time to work on replacing the stadium's leaky exterior.
Scaffolding went up around the building late last month for the exterior repair work. The cost will be borne by the building's contractors, designers and architects, and not taxpayers who footed half the cost of the $1.1 billion stadium.
Michael Vekich, executive director of the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority (MSFA) which runs the stadium, said cancellation of the tournament and other events through the next couple of months, including the Rolling Stones concert, will give crews more time to work.
"It certainly would be our hope that we could get to some things quicker," Vekich said.
When the repair work was announced last month, the timeline for the job was up to two years.
After removing the stadium logo, the crews had planned to take down the giant video board on the prow. But Vekich said they were still exploring options that would allow them to make the repairs without removing the giant board.
If the coronavirus situation improves, the Minnesota Vikings will play their fifth season at the stadium this fall. "We all are hoping that will be the case," Vekich said.
http://www.startribune.com/no-events-at-...568932742/

Was it because of all the birds flying into it?

2 years to repair & replace? Warranty work sure is s l  o  w...  Wink