Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT TN storms.
We live in Baxter TN where the bad storms were yesterday night. The tornado hit 1/4 mile north of us. There is 20 dead and 40-50 still missing in our county alone. The national news cant shut up about Nashville. We had two families from our school lose their entire house and several more with significant damage. 

There are areas that just got flattened and it stayed on the ground for a long time. 

We’re just fine personally but do keep the affected families in your thoughts and prayers. 

Hug your kids and loved ones. 

Crazy stuff.  Glad your family is ok.  Live in SW Missouri so I am well aware of the devestation tornadoes can cause.  Thoughts are with all affected by these storms.

My sister and her family live in Cookeville....luckily, it hit on the other side of town. She said the phone went off at 2 am on an alert warning them. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
My sister and her family live in Cookeville....luckily, it hit on the other side of town. She said the phone went off at 2 am on an alert warning them. 
The phones went off as it hit on the west side. our neighbor said his phone buzzed and by the time he sat up to see what for he was getting pelted by debris from other houses. His house was mostly still standing. 

One family we know who lost everything was in their wash room one instance and then questioning why they were on wet grass the next. There is a wide swath where absolutley nothing is left but mangled stuff.