Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordcutters
"Any cordcutters / streamers found a way to get NFL Network? I had PSV but that went away at the end of January."

I have had FuboTv for a year or so.  It includes NFL Network and lots of other sport....If interested here is a link. 

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome

I think YouTubeTV will get a "real" agreement.  They sent out the email notice they were ditching Regional Sports and I'm guessing the uproar the customers made was loud enough to at least agree to a short term deal on Saturday.  If the longer term deal falls through, I'll be switching to Hulu.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I think YouTubeTV will get a "real" agreement.  They sent out the email notice they were ditching Regional Sports and I'm guessing the uproar the customers made was loud enough to at least agree to a short term deal on Saturday.  If the longer term deal falls through, I'll be switching to Hulu.
I dont know about the rest of the country,  but for me FSN North is watched more than most of the major networks in my house.  With the Twins, Wolves, and Wild all on there its year round almost nightly entertainment.   Last night we had the Wolves on one FSNN channel and the Wild on the other switching back and forth.  And not having the Twins would be a deal breaker for me for sure.

FoxSports (Sinclair) balked* immediately after Youtube put out a public statement saying the two sides couldn't come to an agreement. 

YouTube is a fascinating business - YTV seems like YouTube Red on a grander scale - and there are a lot of channels on basic YouTube that don't need any of that supplemental contracted-for-content income beyond what GoogleAds revenue (and sponsorships) generate. The top of YouTube content creators make ridiculous bank.

I think it's confusing to think of Networks asking providers to pay them for rights for their channel and contrast that with the likes of Mr.Beasts or Pewdiepies generating insane amounts of money with content they create on their own expense and profit.

I think maybe FoxSports North should take whatever they are offered from YouTube to be apart of their TV/Sub service because they're probably not all that far off from making content and revenue the same way the likes of the Mr.Beasts and Pewdiepies are - off the profit they generate their own expense. At some point, the revenue generated by millions and millions of clicks and views generated by free viewers will surpass the revenue generated by backend contracts and deals in exchange for the right to air. Especially major brands like the NFL or MLB.

(*edit: bulked, lol!)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
I dont know about the rest of the country,  but for me FSN North is watched more than most of the major networks in my house.  With the Twins, Wolves, and Wild all on there its year round almost nightly entertainment.   Last night we had the Wolves on one FSNN channel and the Wild on the other switching back and forth.  And not having the Twins would be a deal breaker for me for sure.

Nice, I can see where people would be mad about maybe losing that!
In SoCal, the Dodgers and Lakers have their own networks that aren't carried by YTTV. It stinks. So that leaves Regional FSN with the Clippers and Angels. In other words, no one would miss it.