Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick On Dalvin From The Combine
Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
The more time passes , the more the Mattison pick is proving to have been a shrewd choice.  

A lot of fans questioned the 3 times the Vikings traded down , then they questioned why the Vikes took Mattison.

My theory is Mattison was Kubiaks choice. It became obvious by week 5? Kubiak is smarter than Viking fans.

Mattison will be better in 2020.  

Cook is amazing and I hope he retires a Vike. 
Rick could have stayed put, picked a Guard that would be starting now, and still drafted Mattison in the 4th. His performance does not change the fact that Minnesota picked him higher than they needed to.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:

Rick could have stayed put, picked a Guard that would be starting now, and still drafted Mattison in the 4th. His performance does not change the fact that Minnesota picked him higher than they needed to.
Come on now, FSU...  we were just starting to agree on things.  LOL

How did we pick him higher than we needed to and what are you basing that on?  Some media rankings?  We've all seen how those can vary widely from what NFL teams actually do come draft day...

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"FSUVike" said:

Come on now, FSU...  we were just starting to agree on things.  LOL

How did we pick him higher than we needed to and what are you basing that on?  Some media rankings?  We've all seen how those can vary widely from what NFL teams actually do come draft day...
I think the Vikings felt pretty good that Mattison wasn't on any day-two radars, considering they felt confident enough to trade down four times and take him with the last pick in the 3rd. While I wouldn't necessary say that the Vikings took MATTISON higher than they needed to, I would say that they maybe took a RB higher than they needed to. But they very clearly loved Mattison. And they were right about him.