Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Williams news
Williams turns 32 in July,  he's not a long term solution. 

Hard  to see him as a Viking.

Quote: @Mattyman said:

While the Vikings usually make decisions with an eye focused 2, 3 years down the road, they also have to know that this offense, with Cousins, Thielen, Diggs, Cook, etc., is in a win now mode. Those pieces won't be together forever, and adding a pro bowl talent at LT and upgrading Elf would supercharge the weapons above. Maybe even enough to make us all forget about our declining defense. 

Can we afford him? I think we can if Reiff is part of the trade, we pull money out of Cousins contract, and we cut Joseph. Still, as you say, hard to see him a Viking. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:

While the Vikings usually make decisions with an eye focused 2, 3 years down the road, they also have to know that this offense, with Cousins, Thielen, Diggs, Cook, etc., is in a win now mode. Those pieces won't be together forever, and adding a pro bowl talent at LT and upgrading Elf would supercharge the weapons above. Maybe even enough to make us all forget about our declining defense. 

Can we afford him? I think we can if Reiff is part of the trade, we pull money out of Cousins contract, and we cut Joseph. Still, as you say, hard to see him a Viking. 

I think you are on the track of how this could happen - keep Diggs, include Reiff, don't overpay with draft capital for a 32-year-old. Williams would give the Vikings a better immediate OL improvement than any lineman they are likely to pick.
Problem is, if they are bidding against the Browns, who don't mind overpaying, that kind of deal isn't going to happen.