Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kubiak's Scheme
Kyle Shanahan & Gary are both running their versions of Mike Shanahan's Offense. Kubiak has been running his style of it for many years. Kyle not as long but for several seasons now between the Dirty Birds and 9ers.

What's interesting to me is how much Kyle uses Shotgun with both Atlanta and San Francisco. They run out if it a lot. They Play Action out of it a lot. They motion Receivers in Jet Sweep looks out of it a lot. 

Will Gary look at that and incorporate some into his system? Jimmy G. is hardly a mobile QB, so it's not like Kirk couldn't do the exact same things. 

Those looks would help Cook get out to the edges quicker. Would give Cousins a half second more to throw when the interior of the O-Line gets whipped. Would allow for some easier short and intermediate completions to all the weapons.

What say you?

I hope that Kubiak studies the Niners offense and steals some things from it for us.  The formations, motions, blocking schemes, etc would be great for us to use.   Shanahan seems quite creative.  I thought the Niners O line did a great blocking up the Packers in the Champ Game- we could use some of that.

[Image: qpzvz0htlooi.jpg]

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Kyle Shanahan & Gary are both running their versions of Mike Shanahan's Offense. Kubiak has been running his style of it for many years. Kyle not as long but for several seasons now between the Dirty Birds and 9ers.

What's interesting to me is how much Kyle uses Shotgun with both Atlanta and San Francisco. They run out if it a lot. They Play Action out of it a lot. They motion Receivers in Jet Sweep looks out of it a lot. 

Will Gary look at that and incorporate some into his system? Jimmy G. is hardly a mobile QB, so it's not like Kirk couldn't do the exact same things. 

Those looks would help Cook get out to the edges quicker. Would give Cousins a half second more to throw when the interior of the O-Line gets whipped. Would allow for some easier short and intermediate completions to all the weapons.

What say you?
I totally would like to see Kubes use more motions and shotgun read option looks but not sure he would do it.  If he gets Irv Smith going the way he has other lesser talented Tights, this O will be even better