Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eli Manning is retiring
Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
apparently I am the only one that thinks eli was a little bitch?
Nope. The way he forced his way to NY was a bitch move.
thank you.   I lost all respect for the manning family over that move.  same reason I hated horseface.  I never once cheered for Denver when he was there and when they did win it made the loss to the falcons that much worse as I think we would have beaten the damn donkeys.

i cant stand entitled people that use their positions as leverage to further improve their situations and give themselves opportunities that nobody else gets.  I really wanted the chargers to call his bluff and force him to sit out that year and re-enter the draft. 
The problem is he would have and the Chargers would have been empty. Not like Eli had to worry about getting the money right away. 
Elway did it.  Bo Jackson did it to Tampa. Teams should listen when a player says don't draft me. Unless they don't have money or another option they just might call the teams bluff.
Now days however with the new rookie contract structure it doesn't benefit the players to wait one year longer to get out of that rookie deal. 
Jackson was fucked over by Tampa and that caused him to lose his senior season of baseball,  he didnt refuse to play for Tampa out of preference,  he just didnt want to play for liars.

They told him that his visit after the draft wouldn't affect his college baseball eligibility and that it was cleared with the NCAA,  tampa lied and Bo got pissed....never piss Bo off.

The manning's wanted NY for Eli for a couple of reasons,  primarily they wanted the NY big market endorsement money opportunities,   and they wanted Eli in the NFC to potentially set up a brother vs brother superbowl and the huge endorsement exposure that would have created. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
thank you.   I lost all respect for the manning family over that move.  same reason I hated horseface.  I never once cheered for Denver when he was there and when they did win it made the loss to the falcons that much worse as I think we would have beaten the damn donkeys.

i cant stand entitled people that use their positions as leverage to further improve their situations and give themselves opportunities that nobody else gets.  I really wanted the chargers to call his bluff and force him to sit out that year and re-enter the draft. 
The problem is he would have and the Chargers would have been empty. Not like Eli had to worry about getting the money right away. 
Elway did it.  Bo Jackson did it to Tampa. Teams should listen when a player says don't draft me. Unless they don't have money or another option they just might call the teams bluff.
Now days however with the new rookie contract structure it doesn't benefit the players to wait one year longer to get out of that rookie deal. 
Jackson was fucked over by Tampa and that caused him to lose his senior season of baseball,  he didnt refuse to play for Tampa out of preference,  he just didnt want to play for liars.

They told him that his visit after the draft wouldn't affect his college baseball eligibility and that it was cleared with the NCAA,  tampa lied and Bo got pissed....never piss Bo off.

The manning's wanted NY for Eli for a couple of reasons,  primarily they wanted the NY big market endorsement money opportunities,   and they wanted Eli in the NFC to potentially set up a brother vs brother superbowl and the huge endorsement exposure that would have created. 
Where did I say Hugh Culverhouse didn't have it coming. Bo was angry at Hugh like you say. The Bucs had the 1st overall and Bo told them not to draft him. So they did and he refused to sign and went to the Raiders.  My point was they should listen when the player says don't draft me. Either trade the pic or pic someone else.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Where did I say Hugh Culverhouse didn't have it coming. Bo was angry at Hugh like you say. The Bucs had the 1st overall and Bo told them not to draft him. So they did and he refused to sign and went to the Raiders.  My point was they should listen when the player says don't draft me. Either trade the pic or pic someone else.
I didn't say you said anything.  I simply pointed out the difference between Bo getting screwed over and lied to by the Bucs and mannings being dbags.

Most see it as an honor to get to the nfl,  a few see it as something owed to them.